Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Originally posted by Durwood
Seems he might have some explaining to do.

http://www.chronicallybiased.com/index.php?itemid=1507
Screw Rather, he does what he has always done under the guise of Journalism, I wouldn't believe one GD thing this hypocrite says before, now, or in the future.....

Dean and when I have time I'll tell you how I really feel about this SOB!!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
This whole thing just don't make sense. Even I'm smart enough to know that if I want to forge a document from the 70's, I don't use a freaking computer. I go out and buy an old typewriter for 50 cents at a garage sale and use that! DUH!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Jeez! If this was for real don't you think Ann Richards or Al Gore would have been able to pin this on him prior to his initial election to the Office of the President?

The ABBs (Anybody But Bushies) are pulling out all the stops! Even if they have to lie, falisify/forge, slander and/or libel him to get sKerry elected. But for Dims, it's O.K. because the ends justify the means.

Then again, the Rips have done almost the same, but not to the same degree.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The accusation does not need to be true to do the damage. Just wait and see what garbage comes out the week before the election, when there won't be enough time to challenge things. If I was Bush, the next time someone asks me about my guard service, I would answer back "well I had a drinking problem in my 20s too". I am waiting to see some NEW information surfacing about that.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thats already been brought up...along with Lauras accident, DUI, or whatever it was.

Greg

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well what do you know old Dan admits the documents are fake:furious:

CBS

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I did not write this, A blooger did , But i sure as hell AGREE with it!!
The language is not mine!!
Dean

Rather's Stupid Statement
So the bastard finally, begrudgingly, admits his story is BS: Last week, amid increasing questions about the authenticity of documents used in support of a "60 Minutes Wednesday" story about President Bush's time in the Texas Air National Guard, CBS News vowed to re-examine the documents in question-and their source-vigorously. And we promised that we would let the American public know what this examination turned up, whatever the outcome.

Increasing questions? More like a huge public outcry. You promised to let the American people know the outcome? Well now, that's mighty wide of you, now isn't it.

Now, after extensive additional interviews, I no longer have the confidence in these documents that would allow us to continue vouching for them journalistically. I find we have been misled on the key question of how our source for the documents came into possession of these papers. That, combined with some of the questions that have been raised in public and in the press, leads me to a point where-if I knew then what I know now-I would not have gone ahead with the story as it was aired, and I certainly would not have used the documents in question.

LOL, your "SOURCE" came into possession of said documents by creating them on his computer, dumb ass. You people are so ****ing desperate you'll say and do anything to put an evil man in office. You've lost your honor, Rather, and when one has lost one's honor, one has lost everything. Do us a favor, retire and take up a nice, safe hobby like knitting, arts and crafts or perhaps basket weaving.

But we did use the documents. We made a mistake in judgment, and for that I am sorry. It was an error that was made, however, in good faith and in the spirit of trying to carry on a CBS News tradition of investigative reporting without fear or favoritism.

The only reason you're sorry is because your ****ing documents are fakes! There's no favoritism at CBS? Who are you trying to kid? How stupid do you think we are? If there is truly no favoritism at See Bull ****, then I'd like to see an episode of 60 Minutes attacking john kerry, before November 2004.

Please know that nothing is more important to us than people's trust in our ability and our commitment to report fairly and truthfully.

You are so full of **** its amazing.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Dan Rather has **** in his Easter Basket. I look to see him be very low key but gracefully retired in the near future. CBS will never have any credibility as long as Rather remains at CBS. If he has one shred of honor and dignity; he will resign. Bush is already demanding that CBS debate moderator Bob Schieffer be removed from the presidential debates because of Rather's stupid stunt.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Originally posted by Chief
Dan Rather has **** in his Easter Basket. I look to see him be very low key but gracefully retired in the near future. CBS will never have any credibility as long as Rather remains at CBS. If he has one shred of honor and dignity; he will resign. Bush is already demanding that CBS debate moderator Bob Schieffer be removed from the presidential debates because of Rather's stupid stunt.
And we do agree on this for sure!! when I have time I will reply to your msg. It was thoughtful and appreciated!
Dean

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
By Allan Erickson

Confirming an accusation by John Kerry, Dan Rather reported last night That documents recently discovered in a cigar box buried in a Haitian cemetery reveal President Lincoln never served in the military, except as Commander in Chief, but that doesn't count, so shut up.

The documents also prove Kerry's charge, Rather reported, that Lincoln rushed into the Civil War, refusing to let diplomacy work, thus putting Americans in harm's way for no good reason.

Rather, reading from the earth-shattering documents, reported Lincoln's secretary of war confirmed the president rushed to war, lied to the people using trumped up intelligence about the nature of the threat: "It was the wrong war, at the wrong time, for the wrong reasons."

However, Columbia School of Journalism experts challenged the documents' authenticity, saying they're suspicious because they were written on a Chinese computer, technology not available to Lincoln's secretary of war In 1862.

One astute observer intoned: "I didn't know Dan would read Chinese! Where did he learn that?"

In a statement CBS says it stands by the story, confident in the credibility of their "unimpeachable" sources and the veracity of the documents. In an effort to buttress the story, Rather dug up Lincoln's secretary of war, but the secretary had no comment. Rather apologized later and was joined by Brokaw and Jennings. All three said they were disappointed the war secretary would not go on the record.

Responding to charges from Republicans that he was rushing to war to re-write history, Rather said there is no truth to the rumor he was once intimate with Stephen Douglas.

Elsewhere in the news, a new protest group is forming nationwide to call for the resignation of President Bush should he win November 2nd.

Joining 169 college econ professors across America, Bill Clinton and Michael Moore vow to eat nothing but burgers and fries until the day Bush no longer occupies the White House. They hope by eating only burgers they will Create more jobs, increase the minimum wage, and drive Bush out of office.

They are calling their effort "Hungry Strike 2004," calling on all Americans to join them. John Kerry immediately offered free pickle relish for the duration. Clinton initially wanted to offer free Coke, but backed off for fear he would be misunderstood.

Asked if he is concerned about his health and his Hollywood image if the strike goes on for a long while, Michael Moore said: "What the hell. We all die. I'd rather die courageously fighting a mad man. If faced with the choice of trusting a mad man, or protecting my image, I'll protect my image every time. Besides, if you've got your image, you've got everything."

Clinton was not available for comment but when contacted, his doctors said: "Rottsa ruck."

To do her part, Hillary vowed not to shower for a month in order to demonstrate her solidarity with "the great unwashed."

Rumor had it Jimmy Carter was planning to join the strike. His press spokesman said the report is not true. He clarified saying Carter is so busy pounding sand in Venezuela observing elections that are now over, he doesn't have time to eat burgers. Later, Carter was found wandering around in his bathrobe in the lobby of the Caracas Hilton asking the bellman: "Do you have my medication?" According to the night clerk, the bellman, looking a lot like Ted Kennedy, simply replied: "No hablo Ingles, senor."

Meanwhile, Dick Cheney, "just back from the ass whoopin' in Ohio," according to sources, was quoted as saying he credits much of his success to the new macrobiotic diet recommended to him by Bette Midler and Cher.

Cheney explained that even though the women hate him, they think he's kinda cute, and besides, they wanted to demonstrate the power of bipartisanship.

At a press conference later Midler said they wanted to help Cheney live a long life because he advocates gay marriage. In a rapid retraction her agent said Midler was blowing "wind beneath her wings," that she confused "bipartisan" with "bisexual" and just wanted to be supportive of everybody, which after all, is the American Way.

Later, Cher said it was all a misunderstanding. She said Cameron Diaz had called to straighten things out and to tell her bipartisanship has nothing to do with gay rights. Reportedly, Cameron told Cher it's all about voting rights in the South 60 years ago, and "oh yeah, like, rape, and all that stuff." When contacted later Cameron confirmed that she has so much to lose she will be voting in November, but her contract prevents her from eating burgers.

Outraged over the obvious attempt by Republicans to fraudulently influence the election, Cher went ballistic, responding by stripping her agent of all his civil rights. To protest the Patriot Act, Cher immediately slept with the Pacific Fleet.

Midler said she is fed up with the whole thing and put a call in to John Kerry telling him: "Did you ever know that you're my hero?" Unnamed sources said Teresa grabbed the phone, slammed it down, and told John to go to his room, saying she'd deal with Bette later.

Not to be outdone by Oprah, Teresa immediately offered free catsup for life to anyone who votes straight Democratic in Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

Speaking of Teresa, there's a new poll out indicating the vast majority of colonists from Mozambique, Swiss bankers, and South African soybean farmers think she will make a better First Lady than Laura Bush.

Delighted by the report Teresa stated in a press release she looks forward to working with the U.N. as First Lady to stop the genocide in Texas, working to return Texas to Mexico "where it belongs." She added that Bush is responsible for stealing Texas from Mexico.

(Dan Rather immediately objected saying: "Hey, hands off lady. That's my state." Unaware his mike was still on, Rather added: "I'd rather shower with Hillary than see Texas go back to the Mexicans.")

However, John Edwards, rushing after the sound of a passing siren, Called out to this reporter: "Tell Teresa she can give North Carolina to the Mexicans for all I care!"

Finally today, Al Gore, recently released from treatment, charged that the Republicans caused the eruption of Mt. St. Helens to intentionally aggravate global warming so as to cause more hurricanes to hit the South, all for the purpose of preventing blacks from getting to the polls next month.

Al Gore was rapidly re-admitted.

Before being led away he told one reporter, sounding a little like Forrest Gump: "That's ok. Momma says I'm still in the loop. They got good Burgers here."

·
Registered
275 Posts
This only proves what everyone already knows. But everyone keeps watching the bums anyways. If people stopped watching, they would all be retired quickly.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Gee guy's, Rather seems ok it's the networks responsibility... As I said Rather is the same biased a-hole he was 25 yrs ago, he really found a way into the hearts of millions of the dimocrats and they are defending him:furious: They still dont get it......

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
"Poor Dan Rather" My aching butt! He is a multi millionaire and could buy or sell any one of us. Even if he does retire in disgrace, he is gonna be living a lifestyle most of us can barely imagine. Time for some new blood in all three anchor jobs. The clowns now there have lost touch with the poor and middle class they talk at every night. I know I sure don't make anywhere near the reported $7,000,000 a year Pete Jennings gets. This is the same Pete that just last year finally became an American citizen. Given a chance I'd crap in all three of their hats.:tellyou:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Originally posted by bontai Joe
"Poor Dan Rather" My aching butt! He is a multi millionaire and could buy or sell any one of us. Even if he does retire in disgrace, he is gonna be living a lifestyle most of us can barely imagine. Time for some new blood in all three anchor jobs. The clowns now there have lost touch with the poor and middle class they talk at every night. I know I sure don't make anywhere near the reported $7,000,000 a year Pete Jennings gets. This is the same Pete that just last year finally became an American citizen. Given a chance I'd crap in all three of their hats.:tellyou:

:thumbsup: Joe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts