Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna fire up the lo-boy and plow the area for our new garden! I have a disc, but it is a single one and I don't know how it attaches...yet. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
freebird, do you mean a disc harrow, or a disc plow:question:

I'm afraid that I can't be of much help either way, but I haven't seen a cub disc harrow. Could you post some pics.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Freebird, here is a link to a picture of my disk harrow for a cub. It is shown fitted onto the drawbar. It lifts with the rear rockshaft. It is a Poplarville harrow.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well guys the disc I have is a single disc with a mounting bracket of sorts on top. the plow I have is an A-19 I think? I plowed yesterday and it went great! I kept the rpm's down and let the governor regulate my speed. It made me feel good seeing the full length rows laying over as I made each pass. After plowing I put on this rake I have that has curved tines, 4 on back, 3 middle and 2 in front (I think) and raked up the bigger grass clumps and blackberry roots. Oh, and as I've read on one of these boards, I added 1 cup of diesel to my fuel for extra top end lube.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
name of the plow

I can just barely make out the plow name and think it is a F-184...does that sound right? Also I don't think my disc goes with this plow as I saw another pic of one that mounts in front of the plow, so it mounts on another type of plow.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Freebird:

Does F-194 seem more logical? That would be the Fast-Hitch variety for a Lo-Boy of the Cub-193 mouldboard plow. There is an owner's manual for that plow on the server under Cub Implement Manuals.

The disc that mounts on a plow is usually a coulter if I remember correctly. It is for cutting the sod as you are plowing.

Check out the Owner's Manuals, but also I would recommend browsing through the CBI-2A Parts Manual (which is for Fast-Hitch Implements), you can find that under the Cub Parts Manuals.

Sure hope this helps some

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, that description of the disc sounds correct and aF-194 plow could be as well, just that the paint is so old that the 9 could be mistaken for an 8. I'll have a look on the server as well, thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts