Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to plow again today... What a blast, I really enjoy it. Plowed 6 inches effortlessly EVEN the steep driveway. I know the L130 is not the selection of most plowers, but this thing works GREAT.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Waited until 11 am till the temp got up to 14 degrees. Easy plowing with the GT5000 with the extra weight and chains. Got to keep up. More snow comimg tomorrow and Wednesday. Don't know when we are going to get above freezing. My driveway still has about an inch of ice left over from the last snow that I didn't bother plowing. Big mistake! Won't do that again.What were your lowest temperatures so far this year? Sunday morning it was 2 below 0 here in northern Chester Coun ty,Pa. Herb

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
If the weekend is nice i may go plow my garden up and work in the flower beds.:duh: Oh ya ll are talking about snow sorry bout that i just seen Plowing today.:smiles: :lmao:
Jody

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Herb,
What's that in the garage? T-bird? I have a '71 torino gt conv maybe in the spring I can post some pics.

I have the plow for my gt also but after waking up to 20"+ and having the tractor buried, I got a blower. Looks like it'll be getting a workout Tues/Wed.
Bob

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a little more fun before the sun went down. My neighbor was hating life shoveling his driveway. He has an area that is about 50 by 50 in front of his garage that the shoveled by hand at which point... he gave up. I decided to spend 20 minutes to plow his 300 foot long driveway for him. He was thankful, but I was more thankful since I got to play some more. LOL

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Kind of nice getting a little seat time isn't it.:thumbsup: We seem to be having an abundance of snow here lately and I've been getting my share of seat time. Problem is, it's been so dam cold over the last week or so that seat time isn't quality. We're supposed to get another 10-12" over the next 24 hours, so it looks like I'll be getting more seat time.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
If the weekend is nice i may go plow my garden up and work in the flower beds.:duh: Oh ya ll are talking about snow sorry bout that i just seen Plowing today.:smiles: :lmao:
Jody
You have no idea how much I'd like to be doing just that right about now!:cry:

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Argee
... it's been so dam cold over the last week or so that seat time isn't quality. ...
You haven't modified your tractor to have a seat heater yet???

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Tis, how much snow did you get altogether? I can imagine how the driving must be around there. It is bad enough when the weather is great. Drivers seem to be spring loaded to the dumb sh*t position when is snows! :furious:

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
We ended up with about 7 inches in Manassas. The drivers around here suck year around... which I'm sure most states can say.

- it's cloudy, I need to be careful, one of the clouds might fall on me.

- it's too sunny, too bright to see... I'll close my eye's

- there are car in front of me... need to slow down

- need to change lines.. step 1, hit brakes

- someone changing lanes, hit brakes

- someone hit brakes... STOP

- snow, I better go 5 miles an hour OR just get it over with and swurve off the road

- ice... let's see, I think I remember I'm suppose to slam on the brakes and smash the accelerator down... right?

- rain, OMG, gotta go slow, I might hydroplane going 20 miles an hour

- fog, have to go slow because my hi-beams aren't helping much

- clear day... wow, it's pretty out, I'll go slow so I can enjoy it.

- 100+ degree's... I can't go fast because the air is so thick.

- 40 degree's... wow, it's cold, I better be careful of ice.

- Hmm no traffic today, I'm normally going slow during this time of day due to traffic... better go slow just in case

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I remember how it was about 25 years ago when I was working at the John Deere dealer on Fairfax Circle. It was a mess then. When I came up to go to Walter Reed Medical Center, I was totally shocked how much things have changed for the worst and the traffic is unbelievable. I remember when Sudley Road was nothing but farmers field on both sides of the road all the way into Manasas. It was REAL nice before they built I-66. Ahhhhh, the good ole' days.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sudley which is 234... now there is a 234 bypass which is like a highway. It's getting very crowded in Manassas and beyond.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
It is starting to get crowded all the way out to Remington and Culpepper. I was considering moving back there but have my doubts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
to Sixchows, Tep, that's my 69 Tbird. Only has 7600 miles on her. Picked it up about a year and a half ago from the estate of the lady who bought it new in Philly. The original paint still shines and the interior is like new. Had to do a lot of electrical work because of sitting so long but now have it running great. Herb

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Tis, you would never notice me as I would stay a hermit on the farms. Got about 1650 acres to run around on and keep me busy.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Tis, you guys in VA have almost gotten more snow than us in maine this year...
looks like the latest storm is gonna miss us again... its hitting the east coast and southern NH.. but wont make it up here... maybe next time.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts