Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got around to putting my sleeve hitches on my 3014 and 446 for the first time.

After doing so, I wanted to see how they worked with my 1 bottom plow and my rear blade. The 446 worked perfectly. However, the plow and blade both seem to sit too high above the frame to work on the low wheeler. When sitting level, the sleeve hitch is about 4-5" below the attaching head of these pieces. I am wondering if a longer sleeve hitch would work on the low wheeler, or is it just too low for these attachments? When lifted, the low wheeler never got them more than an inch off of the driveway. I am fairly confident the hitches are put on correctly.

Anyone used these attachments on low wheelers before? Any advice?

Also, do you know if the 3 point lifts any higher than the sleeve hitch? I would guess not, but have never had one.

Now I am wondering if the low wheeler would pick the tiller up high enough, with the sleeve hitch, if I wanted to use it for tilling instead of the 446???

Thanks for the help...I am just learning as I go...so I do appreciate the input.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
The plate that the lift rod fits on to normaly has a few holes. Is it the right one. Also I know the big wheelers have a short, and a long wheel bace version. Do you maybe have the wrong lenght lift rod on the 3014?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The parts manual indicates 2 different sleeve hitches, C22218 for the 400 (big tire) series and C23707 for the 200 (little tire) series.

If the drawings in the parts manual are accurate, the difference appears to be in the angle of the end bar with the 3 attaching holes.

I can sent pics if you need them.

Let me know.

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Welcome to the forum nhalk83!!!

The hitches are diferent form big to small wheel, but the only thing I could see was the big wheeler was about an inch longer. I have a small wheel hitch on my 444, and other then the tiller I use it for, is to close to the wheels, it works fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts