Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came from the funeral of one of the best friends I ever had. I've known him 25 of my 48 years. We were drinking buddys back in the day, chased after the same bar maids, got sober together, and he became part of my family. My brother ended up working for him as did my niece later on. He was a simple guy with little formal education and a house painter by trade, but he wasn't stupid. He could talk knowledgeably on almost any subject, and could always tell a great story. We laughed a lot together, he was part of our family holidays, because his own family disowned him back when he was still drinking, and we often brought John along on vacations, and he was always invited to any party we had. A very special guy. He was painting a commercial job and fell off the scaffold and was seriously injured. He was never able to recover enough for the life saving surgury he needed and passed away last Sunday. He was the kind of guy you could call at 3:00 in the morning for bail money and he would come. He was the kind of guy that when it was his turn to need help, you were glad to give it. I hope some of you will add your prayers to mine that he be forgiven his sins and let into heaven. I never knew anyone that worked as hard to fix his mistakes of his early life as he did. I can only hope to be half the guy he was in that area. Thanks all.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bontai Joe,

I will keep your friend, family and you in my prayers. It's hard to find a good friend in life, much less lose him.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
:ditto: Will keep him and your family in our prayers.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
That is why it is called salvation and grace! You can make up for your mistakes, and be forgiven. Not by us but by the big guy upstairs, he knows what is in your heart. Best wishes to you and your family for the loss!!

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Sorry for your loss Joe. Stewart nailed it. NONE of us is without sin or having done wrong at some time in our lives.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Joe
Sorry to hear about your friend. I'll keep him in my prayers. The way you describe him, he sounds like a great guy. For all we know he already made it to heaven so from there he'll be looking out for you. His fondest memories were probably those spent with you.
Take care in knowing our thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time

·
Registered
518 Posts
joe srry hear bout yer friend i will say a prayer for him an his family and you joe your friend is up in heaven lookin dwn n keepin eye on you i lost my cousin 6 years older thn me last year i know hes up there 2 lookin dwn but hes forever in my heart n on my mind just keep the memories of yer frnd in yer mind n his frndship in yer heart joe god bless u my friend

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry to here about your friend, Joe. Like Stewart said, the Good Lord knows what's in your heart and it sounds like your friend's heart was in the right place. My prayers to your friend, you and your family.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Joe…
Sorry to learn about the loss of your friend.
Judging from your description of him,
I’m sure he’s in a better place.
We will be praying for you and your family.

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Joe,

Your words describing your friend, your memories, and how he was loved and respected by you and your family will be his pass to heaven. Obviously he was a wonderful person. You were blessed to have the years you did with him. He will be in my prayers as well you and both your families.

Greg

·
Registered
73 Posts
A Loss like this is never easy - except to know that he had made peace with his past and accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior.

As many have said God know our hearts and it is there that he looks. As far as the east is from the west so far has he put our transgressions from us.

I'll lift you all up in prayer.

GOD BLESS

·
Registered
499 Posts
Joe,

It sounds to me he had found a little piece of Heaven with you and your family. God Bless you both.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts