Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Piston rod oil hole to rist pin or not ? Rods are made both ways! to fit same Iveco NH TN65D.
Looking for a rod, found one with no hole from crank through rod to lube rist pin.
Some have splash hole on top into rist pin , but Im guessing newer better lube is oil pressure
hole all the way up. Rod is NH discontinue for 20 yr old tractor. Thats not right.
Fiat looks greedy. $500 for one hand full of parts.
I'm nervous about trying a splash hole rod.
thanks for idea's and input

PS I found the right one but curios of opinions. The used one sent had the splash hole only but the bushing measured tight like new, my pressure feed rist bushing is .002 over with 2800hrs.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
That's a Fiat tractor with New Holland decals. Japanese tractor makers quit making parts for tractors 20 years after the final year of production. FIAT is just a few years ahead schedule with your tractor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a Fiat tractor with New Holland decals. Japanese tractor makers quit making parts for tractors 20 years after the final year of production. FIAT is just a few years ahead schedule with your tractor.
Yup, CIH NH Fiat tractors and Iveco makes many different engines, Ag Industrial marine powerplant. Its not right to claim parts are discontinued like support for computers and software.
It looks like Big Corp greed with ulterior motives. People are nuts, Some say its about power not money. Why are Iveco marine engine parts for the same model not obsolete as fast? Just change the last 2 numbers. I designed and made parts for all industries and its mostly obsolete at some point but not like a not a 20 yr tractor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts