Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
looks good grom....
how bout holding off on the snow requests though... i have a feeling its gonna be a long winter....

·
Registered
142 Posts
New Toy

Great looking set up you have. Hope you have as much fun /work with it as I have with mine. look's a lot like mine. I have my dozer blade on and go to try it out this last week , with our first snow fall in LAKEVIEW OR. :) cruisin :tractorsm

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice. I have the same GT and cart. Its a beast.
Pls post back how the snow blade works for you. I was looking at that, but am pondering the JB jr. Trying to get a feel for real usefulness vs. expensive toy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the DB and have used it with SNOW and DIRT and really like it.I also have the bigger cart and put everything I can in it and again so far I really like mine. As far as with the DOZER BLADE--SCRAPER BOX----
ROTOR TILLER---PLOW ---DISC---ROLLER---and 48" MOWER DECK I KEEP THE WHEEL WEIGHTS ON AND THE FRONT WEIGHT ALSO. ( see the side picture. This is just how I feel about the GT-5000 and I have other mod's done .I JUST REALLY ENJOY IT.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Nice looking unit...I have a GT5000 too...Is the angle of the blade controlled from the lever or do you have to get off the tractor to angle it??

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I go fooled, I thought it was the loader in the background when the picture
first started to load, then the GT5000 started to appear.

I have a GT5000 with the dozer blade. I used it all last year and was
happy with how it plowed up to about 6in of snow. With enough weight
on top of the tires, that GT will push a house down.
Get ready to have some fun.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
"that GT will push a house down"

Sounds like you ran into your garage door! NO?:dazed:

Dean

·
Registered
664 Posts
I just noticed AndyP's avatar. I didn't realize that Andy(admin) was a ThunderCats fan.

God, that makes me feel like an old geek.

-=A=-

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by CatDaddy
I just noticed AndyP's avatar. I didn't realize that Andy(admin) was a ThunderCats fan.

God, that makes me feel like an old geek.

-=A=-
AndyP and Andy(admin) are two different people..admin has the all seeing one eyed monster for an avatar.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by aegt5000
I go fooled, I thought it was the loader in the background when the picture
first started to load, then the GT5000 started to appear..

me too...

both are nice machines

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Unfortunately, the loader in the back is not mine....

Argee, the blade turns left or right from a handle that attaches to an arm that attaches to the tractor frame near the mower deck lift arm (which raises and lowers the plow) - no need to get off the seat to turn it. Works pretty well....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by Argee
AndyP and Andy(admin) are two different people..admin has the all seeing one eyed monster for an avatar.
ok, dont want to be considered an imposter or worse, an admin, jking. changed my avatar.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That does look like some nice machinery you have. I lived in northern ILL. for 23 yrs.,so I had my share of snow.I think the best machine I had back then, was a aluminum snowshovel!! I mowed the lawn today.And now I hope my GT will just go into hibernation until next spring.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Gottta love the GT5K. Last month I mowed everyting in sight. Now Mulching every leaf on the ground. can't wait to try the GT5K for snow.
Made out like a bandit this wknd, went to my wife's cousins barbeque/bonfire Saturday, normally boring, but pretty cool because he restores big old diesel old trucks for fun.

Asked him since he's always buying /selling stuff tlo keep eye out for any garden tractor attachments. He says, follow me. He leads me around the garage and show s me a BRINLEY moldboard plow, set of discs and cultivator. He says 50 bucks, I say I'll get the truck. Now all I need is the snow/dozer blade or JB Jr and I'm set.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts