Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Here is my poor Sabre in winter storage. It lives under the tree all year round but no cover in the summer. It is like an old dog
that thrives on neglect and lives outside.
Rodster
PS..I put this post under John Deere because my dealer said it was a real Deere and he would not lie to me or would he????

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the reason it lives outside. I read on another forum that these cheap tractors are only good for 4 or 5 years so It is not worth anything anyway. I guess they are right because I had to replace the battery ounce and also have to put air in the tires
two or 3 times a year.
Rodster

Attachments

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
well at least you put a tarp on it.... i guess given the choice between my tractor and my goat being garaged.. the GTO would win too...

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
By leaving it outside pretty much guarantees a 4-5 year life span :)

Me personally I wouldn't be eager to replace a machine after 4 or 5 years, even if it was made out of balsam wood. I would maintain it just the same...you wouldn't want to put it in a shed?

Ducati

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
You know Rod you can give me the GTO and you would have lots of room for your JD Sabre:D

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already got my 4-5 years so the rest is all gravy. It also has a built in anti theft divice. In a few months the front tires will go
flat.
:dancingfo

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Jody
The GTO is the Wifes toy. She loves to go to the cruises. The two wheel toys are mine. I take care of my next door neighbors
house when they go to Florida for the winter. That lets me put the GTO in their garage for most of the winter so I have room to
play in my garage.
Rodster

1 - 7 of 7 Posts