Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I don't like limitations in general, the time may come when the size of photos may need to be limited. Multiple photos that I can't view on a 19" screen without scrolling and takes two or more minutes to open is difficult to wait on even as much as I like to view pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
always a censor in the audience!

HEHEHE

Ok, I thought I was being nice, by having the photo size so large!
Let me talk it over with the moderators and admin team and we will let you know when the size can be adjusted. I agree --- the best thing is for the users that are submitted to reduce the size b4 sending it up. Keep it simple!!!

Andy

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Get digital cable or DSL and it will be faster... personally i like the big pics.. I have a 17" monitor and its ok...
sj

Question: How many use dialup vs. digital or DSL? Just curious.. i am betting most use dsl or cable modem nowadays...

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
DSL

I use dsl never go back to dail up its to slow.:D
Jody

·
Registered
336 Posts
DSL.....

I had Dial-Up from 1992 to Early this Spring, then switched to DSL from the same company. It's terrific, and now my internet connection here at home seems faster than what I'm using at School.....

Some in my area have Cable Internet, but if anyone else in your area uses it too, your service degrades pretty quickly.

I know a guy with Satalite based service, but he pays $150 a month for service with Dial-Up speeds!!!

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
one more great thing about cable, get a router and you can share the cable connection throughout the house.. so with a 50-60$ router, every pc in my office/house can have internet access and the speed is still great...
sj

·
Registered
46 Posts
Simple John,
That's how I did it, with a router. I do not have the computers do any file sharing/common access at all. I leave them turned off when not in use.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
One of our computer guys at work says to get a router with the firewall in it then no one can see your computer behind the firewall. Just another level of security, my firwall is on my computer with DSL. I get a little flashing light to tell me if someone has tried to access my computer. It seems to happen at least every day! Kind of scary.:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts