Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I wanted to ask if anyone is versed enough in the topic of Perkins engines. There are the Perkins engines produced in UK and the ones produced by their ex Chinese company which appropriated their name and continues to produce engines for Lovol tractors. Is there a big difference in quality and reliability ?

Thank you for your time.

·
Super Moderator
9,423 Posts
I couldn't say, nor be of any help, but I would think you be better off with the British made unit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Perkins is a wholly-owned Caterpillar brand. As a Cat employee, and someone who works with the Perkins folks in the UK on a regular basis, I can tell you they do everything as well as the Caterpillar brand teams. Any further details you can share or are looking for?

·
Super Moderator
9,423 Posts
Perkins is a wholly-owned Caterpillar brand. As a Cat employee, and someone who works with the Perkins folks in the UK on a regular basis, I can tell you they do everything as well as the Caterpillar brand teams. Any further details you can share or are looking for?
Do you know if these are the same engines that are used in the Lovol tractors, or just in name only?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts