Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ran spamfighter yesterday. This morning and it looks like I have a spyware program running here. Everytime I click on a thread or post I see a blurb at the bottom of my browser that says
"connecting to paypal" then
"sending request to paypal" then
"document done (12.98 seconds).
Any ideas guys? I do not use paypal either. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
If your referring to this forum, try cleaning out your browser. If you are using Internet Explorer go to Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>Temporary Internet Files>Settings>View Objects and Remove them. You might try clearing your history, too.

I think there was a broken link to Paypal a few weeks ago when Paypal was having problems.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the response, I just re-logged in using mozilla and noticed I said"spamfighter" in my post...I meant to say "spybot" instead. I normally use netscape 7.0 and mozilla but will go in and clear my cache as you suggested.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
I have not had any spy bot prog's install themselves on my machine, or received any pop ups and other bull$hit since I installed Mozilla..............that or else I just did not find them yet!

I just have to think that the a$$holes that write the viruses and spybot crap etc are one and the same or a subsidiary of the companies that make the products to supposedly rid or protect your machine from these problems.......it just makes me wonder.........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts