Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what I suspect is a bad front ring and pinion in my early 90's large frame Pasquali 440 and am looking for a source of parts and know how. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out the procedure for removing the differential, and crucially, the procedure for setting up the new differential (mesh pattern, lash, preload, etc.) This is an italian articulated tractor, and is of the less common (here in the U.S.) 'large frame' tractors that were seemingly some of the last imported. There are some parts and documentation available for the small tractors- the ones starting with 9**. They seem to be the most common by far. Unfortunately, the fellow Tom Brach who was the best source for parts and info seems to have gone out of business or passed away perhaps? His website is no longer up. I downloaded everything pertinent to my machine a couple of years ago.
I have the 'preliminary service manual' that covers some of this stuff, but it doesn't go into much detail, just generalities about how to tear into the tractor. The spanish company that sells stuff on ebay seems like a possibile parts source, but they also seem only to deal in stuff for the smaller 9** tractors. There must still be someone around who knows how to work on this thing...

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
The last time I heard of Pasquali, it was a Pizza & Sub chain restaurant in the Detroit Metro area. That's the only info I can give you. Good subs though. yum yum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, yeah-

They were bought by BCS some time ago. I intend to contact their N. American distributor in Oregon. I contacted Pasquali Tractors UK and they said they no longer deal in Pasquali parts.

The manual does actually explain removal of the differential pretty well. As for setup, it says to basically put stuff back where it was, paying attention to shims and thrust washers. At this point, I'm fairly convinced its the spider gears. I just limped it into my workshop, and we'll see what types of excitement await.

·
Administrator
10,193 Posts
You may need to contact Tom Brach, lives in the Slocan area of British Columbia. He may be able to help if he's still in the business. He used to buy and sell parts.
As a word of warning, if you search out American Pasquali there is not much in the way of positive reviews, so beware of that guy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts