Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with a Kubota salesman the other day and mentioned possibilities besides Kubota. He said that parts might be hard to get for John Deere in the future. Is there any truth in his statement?

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
I'd not heard anything about that. Kinda sounds like more a sales pitch to buy his brand. Parts problems generally arise after company mergers and/or bankruptcies. I ran into that problem with model specific parts on my old Jacobsen rider. There does seem to be a trend by all companies to reduce the length of time they carry the model specific parts.

Mark

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I think the salesman was trying to blow some smoke. Deere has the largest logistical support of any of the manufacturers. I would say look at the Kubota and the Deere models if those are the models that you are interested in and go with the model and dealer who you feel will meet your needs best. Both are great machines that will last.

I would be steering clear of that Kubota salesman though. :D ;)

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
John Deere's parts support system, inventory control system are the envy of many manufacturers. Deere actually makes money selling their system to other manufacturers so that they can reduce unwanted inventory while simultaniously supporting older machines. I can buy parts for my 1978 Deere 316 from the Dealer today. I can not do that from any major automobile manufacturer, most support 10 years or less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts