Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the part # for the new 54" deck? I want one I want one I want one2funny

Then I will sell my 9 hour old 48".

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Find the model number for the tractor with the 54" deck at sears.com and look up the tractor at searspartsdirect. Add 917. to the beginning of the tractor # and then go to "deck"

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been there done that and it states "Our online database does not contain any information on model: GARDEN TRACTOR - 917276012"

I want one now....it's killin me :dazed:

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I guess that means it's too new for the website but it does acknowledge the tractor #. Try calling the number on the front of your owner's manual or sears

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by psrumors
Does anyone know the part # for the new 54" deck? I want one I want one I want one2funny

Then I will sell my 9 hour old 48".
Wait 'til you hear the price they throw at you for just the deck....you better be sitting down.:eek:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figure it close to half of what the tractor cost me. Then if I can get half of that back on the 48" I will still be ahead of the cost of the $3k GT6K. With only 2 less horsepower and a manual (which I want anyway) instead of the hydro.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
My guess would be $700- $800 for the complete deck. But you might want to get the parts list for yours and the 54". Many of the parts may be interchangeable. You may only need the deck "weldment" and new blades. Be sure to research it first. If you can't get a copy of the parts list buy a copy of the owner's manual since you'll need it for the new deck in either case.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
One other thing, If you take yours back and complain about something maybe they'll give you a new tractor with the 54" deck. Can't hurt to ask!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx for the info 6chows. I hadn't really thought about getting the deck alone and using my parts, I will look into it.

I don't want to swap out the tractor as I don't want the hydro, I am happy with the geared unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a DGT6000/w 54" deck. The owners manual lists the part # for the complete replacement mower as #188271. The model # for the tractor is 27612. Hope this helps.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome dgt6000/54
Glad to have you aboard:friends:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's it. $640 for 6". It takes 3.5 hours now to cut my place, 5 acres. Everything is open or landscaped so an easy edge. Don't have much to have to get around. I wounder how much difference the 6" would make.

Thanks for the info DGT. Please, let me know how well it cuts. I heard alot of bad things about the 50" deck, I am hoping the 54" is much better.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Welcome DGT6000 ---- what a fancy and fabulous GT tractor there!!!! Send us pics if you can!

I love my GT5000 and there are MANY Craftsman GT owners here.

:D

Welcome!
Andy

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Using the model number 917.276120 on the parts page will bring up the DGT6000 tractor and then its diagrams and parts list.

0 has to be added to the end of the number to get it to work.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$640 for 6in that works out to $5120 for 48”
How about adding another 48in for HER !
Now on sale at Sears.com
GT5000 26hp Briggs $2099.99 6 speed, 2399.99 Hydro

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/sear...UseBVCookie=Yes

If she would I'd be willing. But how bout these numbers.....

$2118.48 for the GT5K out the door.
+$640 for new deck
-$250 modest selling price on ebay for my 48" deck w/17 hours
=$2508.48

Still $500 less than if I would have got the DGT6K, and I have the gear drive like I want which is unavailable in the DGT6K.

Doesn't seem so bad.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
maybe some day aegt5k. I have my 8n under a 20x20 lean too out back my GT5K, 10XL and tiller stay in doors. Maybe if I can ever afford the new New Holland it will get a bay.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
psrumers you are right.
Budgeting our tractor activities is very important and I for one
would never suggest anyone do something that would put our
tractors ahead of the family budget.

However, there is no need to concede an opportunity when other
options may be available. Additional tractor purchases can be off-set
by reductions in other areas so family budgets are kept in balance.

Maybe you could sell your wife’s car, or perhaps everyone in the
family could cut back a little on food. Do your kids really need those
bicycles ? Have you considered selling a pet (But never the Dog)
How about that engagement ring, come on how long has she had it now ?

Keeping the family happy is about balancing everyone needs. :furious:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts