Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a 1/2 an inch of snow :globesnow in the DC area last night. The problem was that it ice'd over. It took me almost 3 hours to drive :driving: the 25 miles to work :doubledev

:argh:

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I feel for you,:eek: Earlier this week we had 5 inches of snow in Western Washington state and on Tuesday we got a extra 11 inches where I was living :globesnow Tuesday I decidied not to attempt to drive to work and stay at home. My safety comes first. The folks in Western Washington DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE IN SNOW. I grew up in Iowa and know how to drive in it. The smartest thing to do in those conditions is stay home. Wednesday morning all the snow was gone and temps were in the upper 40's and raining. Thats Washington state for you.:flamedevi :driving:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Snow what is that?

We have had a grand total of something like 1" here so far this year. When the weather gets nasty here we get rain, then ice, and then snow. It shuts the whole place down. The highway crews can't handle the ice and snow. Not to mention most of the folks can not drive in the stuff. :driving:

I was born and raised in Colorado and can drive in about anything, I just worry about the other crazies!!!!! As the saying goes, slow and steady wins the race!:D Good luck on the way home!!! Remember patience is a virtue!:driving:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
No kidding. This morning, woke up at 4:00am to let the dog out. Digital thermometer said it was -4 degrees outside.

That is way too cold. By 7:00am, it was up to a nice balmy 7 degrees. Supposed to stay cold through next week.

I am going to the Patriots/Titans game on Saturday night. 8 pm gametime. I imagine Gillette stadium will be its usual cold self. I've been their in August and froze my butt off. Needless to say, I am in the 2nd row off the field on the Pats sideline, 40 yd line. Great seats.

I will be the one with my shirt off!!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I'll paint the logo across my chest and gut!!!!

Andy:

How much would the big advertising space be worth to ya??

We are sure gonna freeze. I was at the 2001 playoff game at Foxboro vs the Raiders (Brady's arm was going forward!!!). Never had so much fun in my life. Took me 6 hrs to get home from Foxboro to CT (normally 1.5 hr at most).

But man it was worth it.

I am also a die hard Sox fan!!

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
actually leo.. while you'll have your shirts off.. paint it on your wife... that would probably get more attention...
andy may pay a bit more for that advertising...

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Hey Loelav

Haven't youe been loosing valuable advertising space??

Also, I must concur with Simple_John.

I will be watching!!

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Well, at -7 this morning, My wife broke down on the side of the hiway. NOT a good day.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had about 4" of snow this morning when I woke up. I get to work early enough that I don't have to fight with the early morning rush hour traffic. I don't really have that far to drive either, so it's not that bad.

Be Careful.

coal_man

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
No snow here

It was a wopping 42 deg this morning we had got about 2" of rain. It will be about 32 deg in the morning cold enough for me.:smiles:
Jody

1 - 12 of 12 Posts