Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey any of you owners Of a GT 3000 or 5000 or Husqvarna equvilent that live in the Milwaukee Wiscon area The Johnny Bucket manuafactiurers are looking for a Volunteer to Volunteer there tractor for a few weeks to Johnny Bucket. So they can make A johnny Bucket slip scoop for the tractor They will get a discount on the Johnny Bucket for use of there Tractor to make the Bucket. Check out his posting on the Garden web tractor forum under this posting (Craftsman GT3000,5000 and Husqvarna equvilent owner wanted)

·
674 Posts
I went to GW and read the post. They (johny bucket) must be a small outfit to have borrow a tractor to design a implement around. Especially when the cost of a gt5000 is so low. Don't get me wrong I want to see companies make accessories for garden tractors however, I would not give my GT5000 to someone who says they are from johny bucket in return for a unspecified discount for something I feel is overpriced. If this is legit, the tractor owner should get a bucket for free......

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just responded to the same "it's a scam" comments on the Garden Web forum. Shouldn't we cut people a little slack before we use the term "scam"?

Is it possible that just maybe the company is an honorable firm with good products? Should we do a quick search and read a little before we slam?

Someone stated that you should get the bucket for free no matter what. But let's do a little business math here. The JB website shows buckets for about 15 different machines. At an average cost of $2000 per tractor thats $30,000 of different tractors to "buy" to get the dimensions and build the buckets. Now say they cost $500 in materials and labor to make each bucket an you sell them with a $250 profit per for $750 a piece, you would have to sell 120 buckets just to break even. And then your stuck with 15 new tractors that you have sell. Impossible for a small shop.

It's logic like this that forces us to go to Sears and pay through the nose for wheel weights that should in reality cost a third of what Sears is charging. A small shop if given a loaner vehicle could churn them out in no time for way less than the big boys.

And lastly, if the shop is making custom steering wheels or wheel weights that will sell for $50, yes you should get them for free for giving them your tractor for a week. But if the shop is turning out $750 buckets and they borrow your tractor for a week or two, I think free is steep. A negotiated discount would be more reasonable.

I think we should support the small shops that give us quality innovations at a good price.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Kudo's to JohnnyBucket for not taking advantage of the system. They seemingly could buy whatever model lawn tractor they need for sizing their bucket and return it under the no questions asked 30 day policy that comes with most of the models they are trying to support. 30 days would be more time than they need to get their bucket interfaced to the model.

Rather, they are extending out to the user community to work together on the problem. They are breaking out to support more models.

I worked for a company that made 3d computer models of vehicles. We'd pay a dealership $300 for a vehicle over a 3 day period. Tape a grid map up on the car, take out the seats, etc..

You've seen them in the movies, and especially many of the dodge commercials over the years.

-Deere

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well i just looked at the post at GW and i think the guys legit he goes by the name jbucketman and he first registered on March 10, 2002. So i don't think hes trying to scam anyone.

posullivan Welcome to tractorforum glad to have you aboard:friends:
Jody

·
674 Posts
It does not apear to be a scam. I went to the Johny Bucket web site and it is on there. Still seems odd that they have to borrow a tractor to test their product. I wonder if they would let me "borrow" one of their buckets for testing purposes?

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Johnny Bucket

Ask kent T on this forum about his Johnny Bucket. The persons post on the Garden web is legitiment. You can Take a look at his site at www.johnnyproducts.com He has advertised before on the Garden web as Far as I know. He makes bucket for JD,CUB,Simplicity,Bolens,Gravely,Toro and older wheelhorses and sleeve hitch and 3pont Buckets. He will also make 3point adapter so you can use sleeve hitch implements with tractors equipted with 3point hitchs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks Jodyand...this is a great site, I just kinda stumbled upon it this week and immediately joined.

How long has it been around? There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable folks here and I don't have to hunt to find Craftsman posts...they're all Craftsman!!

Anyhow, thanks for the greeting and hello to all the other members!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I forgot to ask, you can see by my previous post that I was defending the Johnny Bucket, I would like to buy one of them if it was available.

I have a lot of dirt and mulch moving to do next year and the thing looks cool, (I love new stuff).

My question to the group is "do you think the GT5000 front end could handle the weight of this unit". I read somewhere that our front-ends aren't as beefy as some of the Cubs, Simplicitys, etc..

Any input here would be appreciated. I wouldnt' want to purchase something that would damage my machine.

Thanx - Paul O'S

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by posullivan
Thanks Jodyand...this is a great site, I just kinda stumbled upon it this week and immediately joined.

How long has it been around? There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable folks here and I don't have to hunt to find Craftsman posts...they're all Craftsman!!

Anyhow, thanks for the greeting and hello to all the other members!!
Your very welcome
Andy started it 9/15/03 it is a great forum and growing fast to be so young. If you want to know how to post pictures go to the main page and scroll to the bottom in tractor pictures i have a F.A.Q. on how to post them. They have 3 ways you can post very easy to do. So again welcome to the fastest growing forum on the net.
Jody

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Welcome Po! :pig:

I am glad that you made it here. Johnny Buckets cannot be all that bad --- they have us listed at the very top of their links page --- tractorforum.com with the big logo!!! :D

In reality I agree with Po --- it is not even like car/truck accessories where dimensions and frame models differ little in like 4-5 year segments --- here there are SO MANY MODELS it would be difficult --- I would expect the "guinea pigger" to get a free bucket though --- who know how many trial/error mouting holes and mistakes they may encounter on their way to the design ---

Oops --- we made a few too many holes in your chassis frame and dented your hood a few places --- how about one of our buckets for 10% off? --- HAHAHA :clap:

J/K
Andy
:D

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I do not want this to sound like a bash of the Sears Craftsman GT3000 or GT5000.But I do not think there built to handle a JohnyBucket.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks Andy for the welcome,

Hey JohnDeere I'm not sensitive to bashing, hell "parts is parts", what do know, have you heard or read anything about the front-ends on the GT's from Craftsman being lighter duty in comparison to some of the other brands?

Thanx

paul o's

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Johnny Bucket

I'm sure they John will be able to make a Johnny Bucket to work well on the Craftsman tractors. The frames are not that diffrent from the MID to Late 80's model craftsman that Kwik-way loader company made loaders for. I belive John use to be a Mechanic at a bolens tractor dealership I'm sure he know what he's doing when it comes to desining slip buckets for tractors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome POSullivan!!!!

Was about to tell you about this site the other night when you got called to dinner!
Knew you'd find it!

booshcat

·
Registered
34 Posts
Damn Booshcat, there is nothing worse than a network I.T. guy with a tractor addiction. I'm gonna have to find some new "secret third world" web forum to hide from you! Maybe something like BosniaTraktoors.com :clap:

I talked to your neighbors and they said you use a laptop while driving your tractors...very sad.

email me your phone number again, we'll link up for breakfast.

paul o's

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Are you crazy?? The GT5000 sure is sturdy enough to handle that type of pressures and then some. Contrary to what some people believe, it is a very well built machine.

Look at the equipment vs the competition. I am sure you will find it competes with similar level JD's, simplicitys, and others. Like Posullivan said "parts is parts"

or was that Frank Perdue???

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Originally posted by leolav
Are you crazy?? The GT5000 sure is sturdy enough to handle that type of pressures and then some. Contrary to what some people believe, it is a very well built machine.

Look at the equipment vs the competition. I am sure you will find it competes with similar level JD's, simplicitys, and others. Like Posullivan said "parts is parts"

or was that Frank Perdue???
I don't think that ONLY the great green and yellas can handle a bucket. I think the Gt5000 can do almost anything that all of the others who didnt spent over $7K can ----- BTW, Do you think my GT5000 can handle a large cup of water or should I only go with the 4oz cups?

HAHAHAHA :D

Andy

1 - 20 of 34 Posts