Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any old outboards heres a picture of my neptune made by muncie gear corp. just cleaned it up and got it running and hung it up in the engine shed while waiting for primer to dry on another project.

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Nice looking old motor and it runs too. Did you have to do anything to it to make it run and do you plan on using it or just keep it for show.
Jody

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I thought I had an old motor on my Boston Whaler with a 1971 Johnson 40 but that Neptune is much older. I am surprised it still runs without having to do anything to it. Nice fine!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just had to clean the carburator and spark plug to make it run. it ran for 15 min in a barrel of water in the shop i'll probably run it in a barrel at some shows for a while if it runs good may even put it on the boat just to get some looks at the lake.

·
Registered
518 Posts
cool old boat motor bear i got n old evinrude blue n white ten horse motor from 60s still usable those old motors are neat especially if ya can finf the ones like u got made by other companies:band:

·
674 Posts
I have outboards ranging in years from 1940's to 1980's. The golden years were the 1950's My rarest outboard is a Mercury Mark 15. If you keep a eye open, you see a lot of old ones around including neuptunes.

Anyone interested in old outboard collecting should pickup a copy of "The Old outboard Book" it is fun reading and gives values for the old putters.

·
91 Posts
I've got a Fageol 44, mid fifties I think another project

Archie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts