5,317 Posts
At work

i use windows NT but at home it XP i like XP better then NT or 98:cpu:
Jody

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
At work, Windows 2000 Pro.

At home Mac OSX (10.3.2) You couldn't pay me to go back to Windows, although I think Win 2k and XP are nice improvements compared to 3.1 95 and 98.
I run Win2k and 98 SE on my macs through Virtual PC if I absolutely need to use a Windows app. 2000 is really slow, but it works. Slower, but much less buggy than 98 on Virtual PC.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I just got a new laptop with Windows XP. My old laptop was windows 98 (although I did eventually install windows 2000) I must admit I really like the XP. It is the first of the windows upgrades that I think is really better than the previous versions.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
still using 98 i know its stone aged by now but im too lazy to upgrade... looks like there are lots of others using 98 too...

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have 98 on my desktop but my laptop has XP. I just got the laptop for when I travel. I see that in a couple of weeks they are dropping support for 98. I am programing my friends new Harley and the software will not work with 98. Down the road lots of new programs will not work with 98 and I will have to part with my friend.
Rodster

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by tisenberg
98 was a pretty good build. I still have a system running that for the kids.
Same here my old one is up stairs in the spare bedroom and when our nephew comes and visits he plays games on it. I don't let the kids on my new one just paid to much for it to have kids messing it up.
Jody

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by tisenberg
Which do you use *most* of the time?
MOST of the time I use ME, thats what my lap top runs, but I use most others also. My back up desk top at home is runing 95. At work, I use 98, and xp. Come to think of it, of all the computers I use on a daly baises, none have the same system.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Windows ME... still trying to figure out what Microsoft was trying to do with that release. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just from a naming convention standpoint

Windows 95, then 98, then you start seeing Windows 2000, slip in ME then a jump to XP... just confused.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
I always thought they put out windows ME (which is pretty much a spruced up version of 98) when Windows 2K came out and there were lots of software incompatabilities..

I plan to get with the future finally and upgrade to XP... We connect to a bunch of different places via dialup adapters (for work)
Ive just been lazy and not wanted to recreate all of the dialups.. because they can not be copied.. so ive stuck on 98...
I have my main pc on 98, my laptop on 98.. another laptop on W2K, an NT server, a W2K server and a few old half broken pcs running 98 also..

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
ME -XP

My last machine had ME and the new one has XP. I have not had a blue screen or crash with XP.The old one with ME was always doing something to drive me crazy. Have not used control,alt.,delete since I got into my new computer.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If they drop it, there will probably not be anymore "updates"... you may run across some, but I would imagine very, very few.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Question?

Have they stopped updating windows versions earlier then 98 already?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts