Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an interesting link outlining operations of the Australian Arctic Divison research organizations D7H Caterpillar's in Antarctica. Some VERY interesting photo's and info. ! :thumbsup:

click here

·
Registered
977 Posts
great link cheif those pics bring some memories i used to pull wrenches in seismic camps in canadian artic. nice scenery but cold

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After reading your post recovering the old Caterpillar's I figured you would enjoy that link Bear. I can't imagine working in cold like that. The coldes I have ever been in is about -15 F. That was plenty cold enough for me!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
There are some great pictures on the US site as well, I can't find it right now...........
I think their tractors are extended track models. Bigger footprint on the ice and snow I think. I will have to see if I can find it.:)

·
Registered
977 Posts
i usually don't give it much thought if its needs doing it gets done doesn't matter how cold. this morning with wind chill its -47 so i just put on a few more clothes. thats about the coldest it gets here. the coldest i have worked outside is -73 in the artic. i can remember that day very clearly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts