Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I did a job for a customer, I dug a curb footer for a floating pad, for a garage. Because the ground here is bone dry I decided to attempt to dig the curb with me rototiller. As I was working along thinking the homeowner was not home he suddenly appeared. I shut the John Deere down and stopped to talk to him. We talked for a few minutes and had coffee. When I got back on the tractor it would not start, not even turn over. After popping open all the engine panals including the grille and checking everything I could think of and finding nothing wrong I was stumped. Let me tell you it makes no difference how long you do this kind of work sometimes little things will drive you nuts. Thinking about how I was going to winch the Deere up on the trailer I sat in the seat and decided to try one more time. Turned key on and low and behold I see this yellow light on, I forgot to shut the pto off and the tractor being smarter then I am decided to keep me safe. So after putting everything back together I finished the job and both of us had a good laugh at my expense. The job turned out great besides, the tiller took it down eight inches and I dug with the nose facing out with my flap up. This threw the material(mostly fine gravel) back into the pad area and I had enough loose stone to back grade a perfectly level and flat pad area. The homeowner was very happy, and his concrete man will be too.
I sure am glad I did not have to winch the tractor on the trailer as it was facing 90 degrees the wrong way. Some good has come from this brain cramp, I pulled the fuse cover off and discovered that it needs cleaned , full of dust.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thats not hard to do been there myself:D

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Went through pretty much the same thing when the pulley threw the belt off the deck on my craftsman. Put everything back together and turned the key...nothing. Finally figured it out. It's a strange feeling embarassed and relieved!:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Since we're all confessing,
I sharpned the blades on my tractor a few weeks ago. After putting them back on it would not crank. After checking the safety switches for loose plugs I discovered I left the blade pto lever in the ON position. :argh:

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Nope not me......never EVER done ANYTHING like that....nopper, not me..:rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :halo: :halo:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.