Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize no one will probably pay any attention to this post, but I needed to get something off of my chest. Andy is a good friend and a co-worker of mine, so I thought I would choose his website to vent.

Well, here it goes.....

I am an ex-college quarterback and a sports enthusiast. I love the sport of basketball and it makes me sick to my stomach to see the way the US plays the game of basketball nowadays. They are embarassing our country and they should not be called the "Dream Team". They should be called "Dumbass Club"!

I refuse to watch the NBA b/c the players do not play team ball. All they do is try and pull-off fancy moves and dunks to make the crowd go crazy. They have forgotten how to block people out, move the ball around the floor, and play as a team. Who gives a damn who the high scorer is? The news reporters are saying the "Dream/Dumbass Team" is not as talented as years past. I disagree b/c I believe they do not know how to play ball.

They go out on the court with headbands around their head, tattoos all over their body, their pants hanging off their ass, and a smirk on their face. Pull your god damn pants up and get the smirk off your face b/c your losing to teams that SUCK! They are lucky I am not their coach b/c I would run their asses so hard they will puke for a week.

Whatever happened to good ole basketball. I understand the game has been revolutionized by players like Jordan, Magic, Larry Bird, Shaq, and Kobe Bryant, but you still have to play fundamental basketball. The Lakers lost the championship to the Pistons b/c Kobe wanted to prance his prissy ass around the 3-point line and shoot bricks (well, he made a few). Get the ball down to the best 7 foot center of all time and get a bucket. Nobody cares how many times you can juke somebody or how good you look. The players with the ring on their finger look a lot better at the end of the day...

Sorry for the long thread, but I had to get that off my chest. I am very upset that one of the best games of all time is being ruined by a bunch of dumbass young gangsta's, criminals, and spoiled millionaires.

-jumboshrimpie

·
Registered
674 Posts
I feel the same way Jumbo...but please , next time you post ...don't hold back , tell us how you really feel! :)

P.S., I won't go to pro sports games anymore because they're all crybabies. They sure aren't looking out for us fans!

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
You are right...can take em out of the ghetto, but cannot take the ghetto out of the playas. Where did the team oriented players go? The players with a sense of team pride, true love for the game not themselves, and those who sacrificed to make a win no matter what their individual point totals happened to be?
True players like: Jordan, Bird, Johnson, Thomas, Irving, Drexler,
Jabbar, Stockton, Malone, and so many others? Today most sports are simply a translucent shell of what the sport used to be. Playas addicted to the $$$ and don't give a @#[email protected]# about the sport, the fans, the coaches or anyone else. It is a sad day.
Why is the USA team losing? No pride. Simple as that and maybe b/c they aren't getting paid for it. What a great representation of American sports. :D

Andy

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I agree totally with the lack of fundamentals. Taking these guys right out of high school or the early years of college has hurt the game. The Europeans are having success in the NBA because they know the fundamentals of basketball. You're right, these homegrown kids don't know how to play team basketball because they have no fundamentals.

Not to defend some of these knuckleheads, but it is hard to compete at the world level without a point guard or real shooters. Whoever put this team together, needs his head examined. Even with the lack of the big stars, they could have selected a good point guard like Jason Kidd or Mike Bibby, and a shooting guard like Brent Barry.

Guess who has the best shooting percentage from 15-22 ft? Tim Duncan the center! He is the only guy who has shown up so far, but he will continue to face zone double and triple teams, and not have any shooters to kick the ball out to. No gold for these games.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I may be mistaken but I am detecting a SERIOUS lake of "multicultural sensitivity" here! You guys should realize the these basket ball players have been socially and economically deprived and racially descriminatied against. The gross defilements all over their bodies are not tatoo's...........they are African American artistic expression. Their total inability and refusal to play in any way remotely resembling a team and "hey look at me" antics on the court are their way of rebelling against the racist system of cultural values forced upon them by the "white crackers". We need to be open and sensitive to their cultural morays and upbringing (or lack there of) :D ;) .

Andy and jumboshrimpie you both leave me no choice but to schedule you for MANDATORY "multicultural sensitivity training". I am going to have to report this post directly to Kweisi Mfume at the NAACP. May be sitting through a few of Al Sharpton's speeches while sitting next to Dennis Roddman might get you on the right course of thinking...................................

:truth:

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
What is needed is a BIG bag of juicey rotten tomatoes to throw at them! I would rather see no American Basket Ball Team at all than those clowns. army

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Chief…

For a moment there it appeared you had been enlightened to the
more Progressive issues facing so many Americans today.
But I can see now that you need much more brain-flushing
before you can truly call yourself a SAPP. The reason for
my criticism of your post is you completely left out the plight of

The American Pickle Lovers :worm: bartmoon

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
i dont watch basketball ive always found it too damned boring..

but i think they should lose the dream team and let the college kids play in the olympics.. those guys really want to win the gold.. and are not just playing for the hell of it.. like the dream team is doing...

i liked it better when there were no pros in the olympics.. hockey too... but at leastwith hockey... other countries have a strong team too so the us is not expected to win..
with basketball US is a given to win and they play like the know/think its an easy game.. personally.. i hope they lose to japan or some other obscure basketball presence of a team and get no medals at all...

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Originally posted by aegt5000
Chief…

For a moment there it appeared you had been enlightened to the
more Progressive issues facing so many Americans today.
But I can see now that you need much more brain-flushing
before you can truly call yourself a SAPP. The reason for
my criticism of your post is you completely left out the plight of

The American Pickle Lovers :worm: bartmoon
You are absolutely right! How callus and insensitive of me to do such a thing. I am still working the last bits of common sense, morality, and respect/observance of the United States Constitution out of my thinking process now that I am voting Kerry/Edwards and striving to become a SAPP. Can you forgive my conservative strict constructionist slip? :D ;)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Originally posted by Chief
Andy and jumboshrimpie you both leave me no choice but to schedule you for MANDATORY "multicultural sensitivity training". I am going to have to report this post directly to Kweisi Mfume at the NAACP. May be sitting through a few of Al Sharpton's speeches while sitting next to Dennis Roddman might get you on the right course of thinking
That is funny stuff!:D

Most of those guys are not from the Ghetto, they just want people to think they are! It just goes to show what will happen if they start playing ball right out of high school and are given a whole lot of money! It doesn’t matter if the sport is football or anything else, money corrupts and they forget what the sport is all about! Not to mention it is screwing up colleg sports, they are not there for an education they are there to play ball.

If they lose they lose plain and simple it is no ones fault but theirs!:mad:

·
Registered
20 Posts
The idea of sending college players is nice but won't happen. There are no great college players....they all go straight to the NBA now.
If a great high school player does go to college he doesn't stay long. 1 or 2 years and he is gone.
Another idea thrown around is to send the current NBA champion. But many of the best NBA players are from foreign countries and would play for their home land.
We have the best players in the world. Everyone knows it. But for many reasons, chance of injury and security concerns among them, most of them stayed home.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Opps... I like the fast paced NBA. I agree that there are a bunch of wacko's and ego driven fools in the NBA, but the old school pass the ball 5 times before looking at the basket and prancing down the court is... booooorrrriiiing.

As for the Olympics, these guys walk on the courts in the Olympics and expect to win by big numbers. Since these guys don't play together and they get into those... no you shoot situations, they end up playing like crap. Even when the real Dream Team was there, they were playing golf in the mornings, hanging out, etc. That was a little embarrashing too.. but, they did do the job they were there to do... eventually.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
It was simply called team ball and running plays, Tuba.
It may have been 'boring' than watching some crybaby heaving out a dozen or so bricks on the first pass ---- or dropping a single no look then bouncing it off the glass for a easy dunk --- but that is streetball, not team basketball. Oh come on can you really compare the original Dream Team to this bunch of immature, tattoo'ed, ghetto ballas? It is a sacrilage!!! :D BTW, while a team might need to gel to win if you have a few superstars and a few benchwarmers, these guys have been playin ball their entire life.
Believe me, they don't need 'excess time' to play together to win a game against these teams. They need stronger leadership, coaches who aren't going to allow their egos and ghetto flavas to overrun the operation of the team.

Alas, it is too late for that. Let's just hope they can pull it together --- I personally don't care --- and that is simply why I choose not to support professional players in any realm. Most are spoiled, inconsiderate, detached inidividuals with no appreciation of their position in life, the fans, or any sense of team ethics or foundation.

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
well said andy...

thats why given the choice of driving to boston.. fighting the crowds.. paying 40-60$ per seat then 10-15$ to park lets not even talk about prices for a hot dog..
Id much rather go to a minor league team.. like the portland Seadogs.. There the guys dont make obscene amounts of money.. and they still remember what its like to be in the real world.. not their own little dream world..

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Cmon? $50 MILLION DOLLARS to play a sport????????????????
It is the ever-present greed of society including but not limited to the agents, owners, network directors and more which have continued to push this envelope higher and higher. Have we not lost our minds when we continue to support athletes who squander these outrageous incomes and then most do nothing to support their hometowns, develop outreach programs (and I NOT referring to doing a 60 sec spot for United Way by tossing a football through a supermarket or something) or some EVEN HAVE THE AUDACITY TO NOT SHOW UP FOR WORK???? (so they might make a little MORE money?????)

And we still support them. Amazing --- Are these the epic idols that we all once envisioned as professional athletes? Not anymore. They can spend your $, but they aren't getting any of mine.

-Andy

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Yep, minor league sports is where it's at. I go to minor league baseball a lot. $20 buys me 4 tickets AND 4 hot dogs AND 4 sodas AND a program on family night (every Monday) at my local AAA baseball team. And I get to see some good baseball. I gave up on basketball a long time ago.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Yep, I love going to support the New Orleans Zephyrs. Players who love to play, lots of fun for the kids including fireworks, running the bases, autographs all day long and cheap, fun entertainment! It is the BEST! I would rather see a minor league baseball game -anyday- over any professional sporting event.
It is simply a better feeling to the whole game. More realistic and down to earth players that simply love to play and while plenty of them might never make it past this park, they love the opportunity to play for the fans, their team and the community.

Hats off to em
Andy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts