Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
770 12v pos ground not charging. I am going to try some things with a different regulator, and swap from pos ground to neg ground. Here are the steps I think I need to do:>>>>> 1. disconnect battery,>>>>> 2. since this is a 770 with the multi-meter gauge change that to a Neg ground gauge. >>>> 3. swap wires at coil.>>>>> 4. Connect battery, connecting with neg ground, >>>>>5. Polarize by touching "A" terminal on gen. to "Bat" term on regulator. Then start and go. Does all this sound correct, and or in the correct order ?
Vehicle Green Motor vehicle Gas Auto part

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a new regulator today, I had taken apart the generator earlier today, cleaned and buffed it up,, still did not work,,, I put the new regulator on, and it all works fine. I can still do the pos ground to neg ground conversion and keep the generator until it dies.

Automotive fuel system Gas Auto part Machine Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would still like to go from pos ground to neg ground. I think this is what needs to be done::::: 1. Disconnect battery. 2: Using the same coil, put neg. side of coil to distributor. 3. Change multi-meter to neg ground style. 4. Connect battery, with neg ground. Polarize generator [ my new regulator says it can be pos or neg ground ] Start tractor, all should be well ,,,,,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
About the fuel gauge,, the 770 has a multi-gauge,,, I purchased a neg ground gauge already,,,I guess my question was can a pos ground generator for 60 years,,,,, can it be converted to a neg ground generator, with a simple polarize touch,,,,,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts