Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an old '92 YT3600 lawn tractor that has served me well. Motor seized last summer. Any ideas on what to do wth it? No more parts available for it. Has horizontal shaft, 12 hp OHV engine, electric pto, shaft drive, 38" deck and in good shape overall.

Have too many other projects. This was bought new by me and maintained well. My first tractor! Free to good home lol. Fred

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome Fred:friends: If you lived closer to me i would be happy to take it off your hands. But Ohio is just to far for me to drive to get it. Somebody might take you up on it.:D

·
Registered
674 Posts
That's a toughie Fred. It doesn't sound like any parts would be usable on any other brand. Would a replacement engine other than a yamaha fit it i wonder?

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Did someone say FREE?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YES FREE !!

The engine case splits in half, and has been leaking for a season. Needed new gasket there, but a lot of work to do. Got 12 years of cutting 2 acres weekly, plus as a wagon puller all fall and sled puller in winter. Probably over 2000 hrs.

Was cutting one day and then the "CLUNK" sound. Won't turn over, either by key or by hand. Frozen. Was good tractor tho, hate to toss it. Don't want to mess with new motor. Fallen in love with 23" rear tires vs. 18" . And it has a stamped front axle, tho that has never been a problem. Not exactly a collectors item. Have a couple others to keep me busy.

I'll try a "free" sign on it out front and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
If your area is like mine, it should be gone by now, figuring 2 hours since you posted you were putting a sign on it. However if it is still in your garage, I'd like a shot at picking it up. Are you anywhere near Youngstown, OH? or further out?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Joe, did push it out while some daylight left. Neighbor kid around 14 was getting off school bus and went nuts. Checking with folks about it. If I give it to him, think I'll keep deck for awhile to see what he does with it first. Live s.w. of Youngstown near Salem.
Will keep you posted. Fred

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Fred,
Perhaps it could hold a pot of daffodils for the coming spring!!

Just hope G/F doesn't split me in half and attempt to install a new gasket and hang a FREE sign around my neck after I go "CLUNK"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Joe and others,

A 12 year old neighbor boy got ok from folks and we towed it about a half mile to his house last night. He steered and grinned like crazy the whole time, has the right attitude and talked of a go kart or off road machine. Who knows! Gave him a running 6hp Briggs, so maybe he can hook it up. Did keep the mower deck tho for safety concerns. Told his dad he can have deck later.

Thanks for welcomes and responses. Fred

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Glad to hear what you did Fred! You got a neighbor kid interested in something besides video games, or worse.:thumbsup: As Martha Stewart used to say, "It's a good thing." ( before she became an inmate)

·
Registered
209 Posts
That engine was one Yamaha also used in their golf carts....could be a source to help get him going again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Neil, thanks I'll pass it on. I remember it being a 350cc bike engine turned sideways for shaft drive. Guess any horizontal shaft motor should work if : 1) it fits, and 2) you can hook up driveshaft onto flywheel. We'll see what he can do with the upright briggs.

Problem is, to get it working as a lawn tractor, the motor has to hook up to shaft on one side, and pto pully on the other. Belt does that 90 degree turn down below to get to mower deck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have an old '92 YT3600 lawn tractor that has served me well. Motor seized last summer. Any ideas on what to do wth it? No more parts available for it. Has horizontal shaft, 12 hp OHV engine, electric pto, shaft drive, 38" deck and in good shape overall.

Have too many other projects. This was bought new by me and maintained well. My first tractor! Free to good home lol. Fred
I need a deck for Yamaha 3600 38 inch can u buy it from u

1 - 20 of 22 Posts