Tractor Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
This one has really caught my eye and kept me up last night. 1943 WC-52 Dodge. Basically a WWII Power Wagon with a full metal cab and suicide doors. Hit the link and check out the price on this thing.... It's a steal. I know there is going to to be somebody say "Look at the cost/work to restore it and where do you get the parts". It's a DODGE POWER WAGON...... Dana Axles, Borg Warner Transmission, and a 230 flat head. 1) Parts are available brand new. 2) These are big boy toys,they're not cheap. 3) It takes the time & skills, most people don't have either one. 1/2-ass restored ("Rat Rod") 1940's Power Wagons start at $40K and can run up to $100K

View attachment 78371

1943 WC 52
That would keep you hopping, have you shown the Minister yet??.

·
Premium Member
4,514 Posts
This one has really caught my eye and kept me up last night. 1943 WC-52 Dodge. Basically a WWII Power Wagon with a full metal cab and suicide doors. Hit the link and check out the price on this thing.... It's a steal. I know there is going to to be somebody say "Look at the cost/work to restore it and where do you get the parts". It's a DODGE POWER WAGON...... Dana Axles, Borg Warner Transmission, and a 230 flat head. 1) Parts are available brand new. 2) These are big boy toys,they're not cheap. 3) It takes the time & skills, most people don't have either one. 1/2-ass restored ("Rat Rod") 1940's Power Wagons start at $40K and can run up to $100K

View attachment 78371

1943 WC 52

It kept you awake for sleepless nights? And now I'm gonna lay awake tonight too. :p

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
It kept you awake for sleepless nights? And now I'm gonna lay awake tonight too. :p
OK Joe... If you're staying awake at night, thinking about really cool old trucks, it may be a symptom of the PW Virus. There ain't no shots, and rumors are it may have come out of an old barn in Ontario Canada. Scientist believe it was caused by a heavy layer of bat poop and field mice living in the glove box;). The plus side is depending on how much you pay for the damn thing, the wife may "quarantine" you to the garage, which can get you out of a lot of "Honey Do's". Here's probably the worst case of the '47 WDX variant I've seen in a long time. Be careful, you can catch the virus just by staring at it for to long, and don't even think about hitting the link or you're a goner.....

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Caution - Known PW Virus '47 WDX Variant

·
Premium Member
4,514 Posts
OK Joe... If you're staying awake at night, thinking about really cool old trucks, it may be a symptom of the PW Virus. There ain't no shots, and rumors are it may have come out of an old barn in Ontario Canada. Scientist believe it was caused by a heavy layer of bat poop and field mice living in the glove box;). The plus side is depending on how much you pay for the damn thing, the wife may "quarantine" you to the garage, which can get you out of a lot of "Honey Do's". Here's probably the worst case of the '47 WDX variant I've seen in a long time. Be careful, you can catch the virus just by staring at it for to long, and don't even think about hitting the link or you're a goner.....

View attachment 78528

Caution - Known PW Virus '47 WDX Variant
Bob, that is one swEEEEEEEEEEEEEt looking truck. I'd make him take the WDX off the tail gate, but the rest is pure testosterone!!!!!!!

Reactions: Bob Driver

·
Premium Member
4,514 Posts
YES!!!! That is my dream truck! The art deco grill, the long smooth hood, and enough chrome to make anyone happy. The photo you found is gorgeous! I'm gonna print it out and put it under my pillow tonight 😁

Reactions: pogobill and FredM

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Here's another Power Wagon..... Those are just awesome trucks

View attachment 79631
Yes they are.............I have always liked the old International Harvester 3/4 ton and one ton trucks too.......Check out these projects.......I would love to have the extra time and money to get a mid to late 60's IH one ton 4 door cab pick up and restore it along with a horse trailer from about the same year and take it to shows and parades with the horses once in awhile.......

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Yes they are.............I have always liked the old International Harvester 3/4 ton and one ton trucks too.......Check out these projects.......I would love to have the extra time and money to get a mid to late 60's IH one ton 4 door cab pick up and restore it along with a horse trailer from about the same year and take it to shows and parades with the horses once in awhile.......

IH was the real deal back then. You could buy your tractor, combine, grain truck, and pickup all from the same Dealer and there were a lot of the farmers around me that did. Of course, they had their huge plant on West Washington Street in Indianapolis at one time and built the 7.3L Power Stroke at the Brookville Road plant for years, until they shut it down in 2009.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts