Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone still have any old Tonka's or Ertl Farm toys (or other "real" toys)? I have a red Tonka Camper, that has a boat trailer, and boat. A Tonka volkswagon. An Ertl Case tractor, with a John Deere hay bailer, International cultivator, and International wagon and some others. My 2 1/2 year old loves to play with them. They are in good shape considering they are Early/Mid 70's vintage. I will post pictures later.:xmas:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
They say some of those are worth some good money. I wish I still had mine. I used to have the backhoe and various dumptrucks. They really seemed big at the time!!! I guess I just got bigger.:party:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I never got to play in the sand box

When I was a kid my dad had me running a John Deere Crawler loader at 8 years old.We had a shale pit and I had a job. At the time I did not know I was not playing.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I still have mine

I have the big dump truck and bull dozer and a few small Tonka pickup trucks from when i was a boy. My Mama had them put up when i lost interest as i got older. After i got married she packed up all my stuff and told me to come get it all so now i have it all in my toy room.:partydanc
Jody

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Just what Case tractor do you have?If it is a 1030 case it is worth around $100.00 easily could be more if in really good shape.If it is a ''Black Knight demonstrator'' or a ''Stirit of 76'' rare Ertl farm toys froms the 70's well then your looking at closer to $1000.00.

I have a collection of over 100 1/16th scale farm tractors some are worth some money others are not just depends on what you have.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Here's a picture of some of my old toys. They are late 60's to early 70's. I've been thinking that I need to get them out of the toy chest and on shelf someware. My grandfather worked at a Tru-Value hardware store that sold toys on the second floor. Most came via Santa at Christmas time.

:winky:

Mark

Attachments

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by markfnc
Anyone still have any old Tonka's or Ertl Farm toys (or other "real" toys)? I have a red Tonka Camper, that has a boat trailer, and boat. A Tonka volkswagon. An Ertl Case tractor, with a John Deere hay bailer, International cultivator, and International wagon and some others. My 2 1/2 year old loves to play with them. They are in good shape considering they are Early/Mid 70's vintage. I will post pictures later.:xmas:
Sadly, Tonka toys were not invented when I was a boy.:cry:

·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Johndeere,

Nice collection. My Case is a 1370 Agri King from probably 1974-75. I have seen one lkike it on Ebay sell for $75.

Here is a picture.

Attachments

·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Johndeere, with a collection like that, do you know in what year did Ertl stop making their toys in the USA. I know all mine from the mid 70's were Made in USA. I did not start looking at farm toys again, until my little one came along on 2001. By then all I saw were made in China.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
No Tonka stuff for me.Ertl and Scalemodels are what I collect.Ertl pulled out of Dyerville and the USA but the quality is still very good and high detail especially the Presision series line.Scalemodels is still in Dyersville and many of my Allis Chalmers collectoin are Scalemodels.

I have slowed down buying farm toys but a few years back around 1997 to 2000 I went to many farm toy shows and bought plenty.I lived and breathed farm toys then.Just about every free weekend was spent at farm toy shows and Auctions.I made several trips to Dyersville Iowa and went through the Ertl factor when they were still there and the Scalemodels factory also.

But I decided I wanted more then farm toys besides I ran out of room.What I put pictures up of is only portion of what I have.Some are sitting in the boxes.But it is not a cheap hobby so I moved on.I buy a few a year now rather then several a month.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Johndeere,
That is a nice way to display your collection, I enjoyed the pictures.

The only marking on my John Deere tractor is the "Made In USA" stamp on the right side of the foot rest. I think my parents bought it at the county fair. Any idea who the manufacture might be? This attachment is a larger photo than I posted previously.

Everything else in the photos I posted before are marked Ertle, Tonka, or Nylint.

Mark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Nice restorable 1370 yes around $70.00 and also a nice restorable 3020 John Deere that is a late production version the early ones had narrow rear wheels.

Most of the wide tire versions had a wide front end and are some what rare because they had a solid front axel that would break easier.The last ones had the wide rear tires and the solid front axel and a rop with a yellow top they are the most rare and worth more because the rop broke easy along with the solid front end and the rop just made them rare because they were only produced a short time.If you look at the side not shown in the picture behind the rear tire,Below the drivers platform where the battery box is located on the real version.You will see it is a Ertl and made in Dyersville Iowa.

They were made for many years starting in 1963 I think the fisrt ones has the narrow front end diecast rims and a rear three point hitch.Then they did away with the three point hitch.Then they did away with the diecast rims.Then they came out with the wide front end version with the wider rear tires.Then they added the rop.That was the last one made I think the one you have was just before the last one produced.Also some were considered 3010 and later ones were 3020 and some were diesls and most were gas you can tell by looking at the engine if the filter is long or short.Most were gas

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Thanks for the information. It has just a square hitch plate, no other linkage. The wheels are plastic. It would appear to have a long vertical filter at the back of the engine. Would that be diesel? I still can't see the Ertl stamp though only the "Made in USA" stamp. I will have to take a look in daylight.

Thanks again, :thumbsup:

Mark

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Nice

Nice collection of tractors johndeere how many do you have.
Jody

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I lost track when I was getting near 100.There not all out on display however.Some are still in the box stored away hoping they will increase in value some day.So far some have went up and some have went down time will tell.I mostly collect the collectors editions and buy up some of the older toys.When I first started I was spending way to much on farm toys I slowed way down.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts