Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a ton of old home movies my Dad made years ago. I copied a few rolls by running them on his old projector and filming
them with a cam corder. then convertimg the VCR tapes to digital and burning them on DVDs.
Do they make anything that can take the movie and convert it to digital directly? it is either 8MM or super 8 I forget which it is.
Rodster:question:

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Mow should hop in soon....he's the guru, I believe. I'd like to know too as we have a bunch of 8mm film.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
There are professional services available for that, usually through photo or camera shops. As far as what kind of converter is available to the consumer, I'm not sure. I bet that sort of machine would be expensive, although used equipment might be an option.

Sorry that's not much help. But I would be interested to see what kind of answers you come up with.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe they don't even have such a thing yet. If I could skip the middle step I would not lose so much quality before getting it into digital format.
Rodster

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Your looking for a Telecine Player which run between $1,000 and $3,000. They do the concept of playing the 8mm movie, but not onto a screen. It displays it onto a glass cell and you can hook up that to a TV card type of card in a computer and read directly from it as if you were hooking up a TV or a VCR to your computer. The next step is to record to a DVD. If you search on google or ebay, I'm sure you can find a used one, but the price is steep and the quality is all over the place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts