Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am retired, but my wife and I run our ten acres as a homestead. I have never worked harder in my life!:D I have two vintage tractors. My MF35 diesel and my Ford 601 Workmaster. If one doesn't run the other does ... at least so far.;)

BTW, I am going to do a tuneup on my Ford 601 with a firing order of 1243. Does anyone know if the rotor turns CW or CCW? My manual does not say that I can find. I have the 4 cylinder gas engine.

I have been searching this forum for that info, so far no luck. In reading the posts, I'd say this is a nice forum to spend some time on. Nice people and great info.

Hi to all from Doug.:)

·
Super Moderator
9,743 Posts
Hello Doug, and welcome to you and Mrs. Basberg as well! I retired and left the city for the country life as well, and I understand the business about working too hard and for little pay!!
If you have a look at the distributor, and know the firing order, you can determine the direction of the rotation. I marked my cap years ago when I first attempted a tune up, with a white paint marker for tires, and it gives a great visual for how the firing order works, and helps you figure out where the plug wires go as well as the direction of the rotor!
Have fun with those tractors and tell us how you are getting on!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts