Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some specific input as to how best to ready her for moving and transport. Engine is seized and I drained the hydraulic fluid. How does one raise both the loader bucket and backhoe bucket to move her onto a trailer for transport. Hoping other have had to do this. Thanks!
Plant Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Plant Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jacks, comealongs and chains.
If you are lucky enough to have some one available with a loader that will work also.
With the hydraulic controls activated lift or pull the loader up and curl the bucket back as needed, then chain it in place.
For some functions such as loader lift a block can be placed on the loader cylinder to hold it extended after it is moved.
Any cylinders that need to be extended to travel can use blocks or angle iron placed on the cylinder rods to hold in position.
Cylinders that must be retracted for traveling once retracted usually require chains to hold in that position.
I drained the hydraulic fluid. Good or bad. I have a 20T bottle jack under the loader arm near the bucket and started pumping. Not a lot of movement. Just tried again with loader control arms tied back. Did not seem to make much of a difference. Need to go on the road now for an hour. Be back then to reply. Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For anyone else that has this problem without a seized engine, just won't run; you can run your hydraulics very slowly while cranking over the engine.
With the seized engine; could have possibly ran the pressure line to another hydraulic source or figured out a way to spin your pump without spinning the engine.
Could have also just shifted the valves to let the oil move while pulling with a come-along, had you not drained it. that should have let it hold up for a bit, maybe only just make chaining it up a hair easier.

at this point, might as well pull some cylinder pins.
I can easily put hydro fluid back in if helps. Can you post an example of a remote type pump you are referring to? No crank off front of engine

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I prefer to use a remote pump jack hosed to bypass the onboard pump, which I believe is just a single pump off the front of crank.
If that's a no-go then drag the boom into alignment while triggering the swing valve levers then taunt line the boom to the loader bucket and draw them together. After on trailer, slack the taunt line and deck the loader/hoe. Repeat as needed.
Again, I prefer a portable pump for this type of issue as I would leave the pump in the loader until not needed again.
Re: "remote pump jack hosed to bypass the onboard pump " an example of that? Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It reminds me of the "Leave it to Beaver" episode where Wally buys a non-running jalopy for $25, then parts it out making a profit! View attachment 82298

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk
Hey Fuddy, LOL. Can't say I am making a profit but once I killed her, I want her body out of here. Hard to believe humans can be so cold and calculating. But it's going to someone who wants to invest the time/$ to rebuild and use her. So I am grateful for that. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Engine may just be hydro-locked.
Often times it's very easy to troubleshoot and fix, was the exhaust flapper open to rain? What happened, how did it seize up?
No exposure to rain, Heard a funny clanking noise before she stalled out. Then just a clunk trying to restart her. Low oil was probably a contributing factor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts