Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just completed installation of an electronic oil pressure gauge to my gt5k with kohler motor, works great. may need to buy a real hour meter to recess in the dash for a stock look.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sixchows, i think it was around 75.00 for everthing including shipping. i wish i had your cab and more snow! good luck.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
argee, that is the switch for the infamous atv winch to raise the sleeve hitch and box scraper with the mower attached.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
argee, you will see why i returned the sears electic lift kit and opted for an atv winch, i have to drag 3 driveways and road frontage during growing season almost every week to keep weeds out, second thought this may help to cultivate them. anyway it is quicker than removing the mower deck each time. the front mount plow is also separate from the mower deck lift handle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sixchows, i must have been too windy on my previous post, it isnt there, simple hookup, 1 from the sender, 1 from 12 volts key on, 1 ground. let me know if i can help.

·
674 Posts
How many pounds of oil pressure does your engine read? How much is it suposed to be? Looks like 30# in the pic. was your engine running?

·
674 Posts
Is that adapter for running an oil cooler? I see it has two inlets. How much does the adapter cost by itself? Did you order it from kolher.... from their website??

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Question on the Bezel on your gauge. It appears the gauge is made for under dash type mount. The installation is nice, but can that bezel be removed or is it fixed in place permanently? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the bezel was cut down flat , it keeps the gauge from falling through the dash and covers the scratch marks from the hole saw. it also adds support because the dash is flimsy after removing the bulb/socket holders. i think it was close to 40# pressure when i took the picture. the adapter is a perma cool from jegs.com. the thread size on the kohler is 3/4 by 16, bolt size, same as most older ford products. hope this helps all.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
willie n. the site wont allow access to email you, i will wait to see what hapens on here. i believe there is always room for expansion for useful monitoring devices, not turbo boost ect. like i read elsewhere. i am like you, cant beleive the oil pressure, my electronic gauge reads around 55#. yeah i can, bumped the starter approx 2 revolutions of the engine to see what port to install the sender and it squirted out as much oil as a car motor and made a nice mess on the floor. i know you are busy clearing land so respond when you can. also good luck on the sears wheel weights.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Originally posted by tjw in kans
sixchows, i will try to post a picture fo the adapter from jegs.

cruisin cruisin cruisin cruisin cruisin
I saw your picture and would like to ask you to send me a PM if you
would please?I would like to talk to you about the mod/picture. Thank you SAM SAMSRAM

·
Registered
264 Posts
Wow, that's neat.

I assume the sending unit (adapter) installs between the filter and the block.

TJW, you mentioned that this is the same thread pattern as most Fords. Hmmm.:confused:

You wouldn't by chance remember the Jegs part numbers would ya?

Also, any feedback on how the gauge has worked. And, any thoughts on a oil temp gauge?

thanks

SnowMower

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
snowmower, jegs part # 771-181 for the adapter, see the pic and you will understand how it goes on, real easy. the second port can be used for an oil temp sender. if anything ever starts to leak it will be easily noticed by your left foot. hope this helps. their is also enough room to use the longer kohler oil filter and you will have to add 2to 3 ounces more oil.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts