Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all need some help what kind of oil would work good in a john deere 212 12 hp the old in it is new but it seems alittle thick and what kind of old for a massey harris 20 20 hp thanks

l'm bringing them to school to get an oil change but need to bring my own oil

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Well the 212 has no oil filter. The Kohler singles seem to realy like 30 weight oil. Every time I have used multi grade oil in mine, it burns right through it quick. BTW most of the old Kohler singles I work on [my two Ingersolls, and my Mom's JD112] seem to take just a little over a qt. Buy a good oil, and keep it changed. If you don;t have an hour meter, change it out when it starts looking dark.

sorry but no help on the MH.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Ingersoll444
Well the 212 has no oil filter. The Kohler singles seem to realy like 30 weight oil. Every time I have used multi grade oil in mine, it burns right through it quick. BTW most of the old Kohler singles I work on [my two Ingersolls, and my Mom's JD112] seem to take just a little over a qt. Buy a good oil, and keep it changed. If you don;t have an hour meter, change it out when it starts looking dark.

sorry but no help on the MH.
thanks 444 l ment oil filter for the massey so 10w 30 will work good in it thanks for the help :D

next week l will get some pics of the massey at work

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
l got the oil for the 212 but the massey ??????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts