Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, My name is Hank and I just bought a case 580b ck, there, I said it, It is a bit like joining Alcoholics Anonymous. I have bought this machine for
1. workhorse,
2, timewasting
3, moneypit,
4, keep me away from the better half.
5, drive me to drink.

not sure what order they come in, I guess it depends on the day.
Any ways, I am English born and bred, but decided to move to France for a more peaceful life. Don't exactly live in the "arse end of nowhere", but you can definitely see it from here.
I did have a little Kubota b7001 with a backhoe and front loader, was a tiny little thing but it did the job, unfortunately someone stole it just before Christmas, and it wasn't insured.
I came across this case 580b ck, it has been sitting for four years, checked the oil, changed the fuel filters, put in clean diesel, bled it out and it started straight away. lots of issues but I will discuss those later.

Nice to be here and look forward to lots of positive outcomes.

Hank

·
Super Moderator
1,254 Posts
Hi Hank, welcome to the forum. There’s lots of useful information here. I know I’ve found plenty. Whereabouts in France are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tractor Forum

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Hank, welcome to the forum. There’s lots of useful information here. I know I’ve found plenty. Whereabouts in France are you?

Hi Marc, I am about 2.5 hours south of paris, a little place called La Berthenoux 36400 if you google map it. Loads of space and lots of digging to be done. Is it still/always cold in nova scotia. What machine do you have?

·
Super Moderator
1,254 Posts
Nova Scotia has cold winters and hot summers. We’re in Spring right now, so temperatures are a little up and down.

I have 2008 Kioti DS4110 with and loader and backhoe. Very solid machine. I also just picked up a new 2018 Kubota GR2120 with 54” mower deck and 46” front-mount snow blower. I’m about an hour and a half North of Halifax.

·
Caractacus Potts
2,442 Posts
Howdy Hank! Toss up a photo or two when you get a chance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.