Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did it, went to Sears today and ordered a GT5000 on sale to be delivered next Saturday. Also got the sleeve hitch while I was at it. I've been building a 10' x 12' truss barn all week to keep it in and still have a bit more work to do before it's ready, mostly trim, shingles and paint.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jody, you got that right! Can't wait till delivery:p Still putting finishing touches on the barn though.

Andy, I've been using the photo of your GT5000 in the doorway of your shed on my computer desktop at work...it's such a purdy thang. By the way, people at work keep asking me what the cartoon figures are on the glass in your cup holder. I'll post some pics of barn and tractor later.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hello,
Sorry, haven't been on the forum in a while. I did get my GT5000 and it's a very nice machine. I was supprised that it was already assembled and they even put some gas fumes in the tank. The guy drove it around to the back of my house and into the new barn for me. I had never driven a tractor before so I was a little hesitant to drive it myself. After he left I got on it and started it and it didn't run for more than a minute before it ran out of gas.

After going out for more fuel I drove the tractor around the yard to get used to it. I got a hitch for it but haven't installed it yet, are they much of a problem to install? I thought it would be just a matter of bolting it on the back, but it looks more involved than that. Any suggestions on the type of hour meter to install? Don't want to drive it too much until I get one installed. Haven't cut any grass with it, probably won't until spring. By then I should have the hitch attached and have bought a box scrapper for it.

I was running it in my barn the day after delivery and the man next door came over when he heard the engine running. He thought I had got myself a Harley, what a complement :D

See you guys!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I didn't know there was a hole above the ammeter? I don't want to cut out a hole in the dashboard if that's what you mean. I've read somewhere that you can simply attach it somewhere under the hood behind the dash.

My deck is also the 48". Cut grass with it? That will get it dirty!

If it's not too cold on Saturday I might try to install my sleeve hitch.

OK...I give up...how in the world do I get those smilely faces to show up in my darn replys?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Martie-6th & Broadway???? How long since you've been to Louisville. That Sears hasn't been there in years, though I do have fond memories of it from the 50's and 60's when I was a youngster. I got mine at the Sears in Jefferson Mall on the Outerloop.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Martie- Indeed I do remember the Louisville area bands of the 50's and 60's. They were some of the best around. Cosmo and the Counts, The Monarchs, The Rugby's, The Brothers Four, Shirley Caldell. There were many. What great memories.

I don't remember when the Sears on Broadway closed but would assume it was in the 80's sometime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.