Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it is the off-season for most tractors and mowers except for those of you fortunate enough to be plowing or blowing snow. (Insert evil laugh here!)

Does it not make sense that some of the forums might be a little slow?

I understand this is tractorforum.com, but we do have other forums besides tractor specific threads. I don’t think every post has to have something to do with a tractor that is why we have the off topic, and other thread headings. I think people got sent to Disney at GW unless it mentioned tractors in the threads!!!

I asked the question in another thread about why there are a couple of locked threads, I asked this before I read one of them and I understand why it was locked. It is sad that things have to come to name calling and personal attacks. If I have crossed the line or been too pushy in some of the topics that was not my intent. I tend to get spun up about some topics and can’t just stand by and not try and enlighten folks.

Back to the question, are we having fun yet!! Come on Spring!
:smiles:

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Perfectly legit. question Stewart. Off topic stuff is fine. For a few weeks though, the off topic stuff was what was beginning to predominate. Feel free to post what you like! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
There is a lot of stuff up here that is non-tractor related. Typically, OT is the place, but in some cases there is a place holder. Don't hold back, if you think it's interesting information and others might find it interesting, find the spot that best fits and post away. Obviously "tractor" content is preferred, but there are other things of interest too.

·
Registered
275 Posts
This is a perfect example of why you need rules. I live in a homeowners association and we have debates all of the time about why we need certain rules. The old times are always quick to warn of why they are needed, but most people can't imagine why. For example, we have a lake with a beach and it's against the rules to eat at the beach. Many people have a problem with this and when you tell them that if you allow eating at the beach, you will get litter, ants and other critters, they don't believe it. We have no intention to experiment with fate.
Many on this forum criticize GW and their heavy handed tactics for keeping threads on topic, but one thing is for sure; no one wants to see any exchange de-evolve into what you had here over the last week. When you have hard fast rules, it's easy to see when they have been crossed and to rectify the situation quickly. On this forum, we are given a lot of lattitude and I believe it becomes difficult to find the appropriate time to say, enough is enough. Nobody comes here to get insulted and offended and in order to prevent that from happening, there should be some standards for people to follow. :monkey:

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
wheely_boy, that is what makes this site such a nice place to be. As slip said, "Common Sense" and consideration for others.

If you don't want litter at the beach, fine the folks who leave the litter there in the first place.

Tis, summed it up much better than I did and I could not have said it better myself. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I have thick enough skin

I like to throw a bit of mud so I try not to get mad when someone hits me with a pie.:moon:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think personal attacks and name calling are right, I must admit I asked the question about the locked threads before I read them. When I went back and looked at them they are probably locked for good reason. You hate to put Andy and the moderators in a position to have to edit, delete or ban people.

There is a lot of good information about a lot of subjects, even touchy ones as well. Rock On!:spinsmile

1 - 15 of 15 Posts