Tractor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I’m brand new to kioti just bought a 2016 NX5010 last week. Noticed a hydraulic leak underneath. machine has 200hrs on it I’m not so technical with terms and what not but it’s right in the middle under the cab. Oval hole with the front drive shaft “I believe” running through it. Have fluid dripping out of there. It didn’t come with a manual and I can’t seem to find what I need online. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? I was hoping bad o-ring or something easy but I can’t see up in there and idk where to get access from.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have not ever owned a NX model but I have heard that this is a common problem for them......I think that it is bad seals......Are you sure that the leak is not coming from a hose, line or a filter?
So I found out there was an extra gallon of fluid on the hydraulic system from the previous owner. Leak seems to be coming from the middle of the machine where the drive shaft enters the rear end. Doubt it’s something I can do the dealer may be my best chance.

·
Registered
570 Posts
So I found out there was an extra gallon of fluid on the hydraulic system from the previous owner. Leak seems to be coming from the middle of the machine where the drive shaft enters the rear end. Doubt it’s something I can do the dealer may be my best chance.

Sounds like it has been leaking for awhile and that was his fix....Just overfill it and run it......It is probably a seal that is bad...That would be my guess.....Might not have to split the read end to find it but chances are you will....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like it has been leaking for awhile and that was his fix....Just overfill it and run it......It is probably a seal that is bad...That would be my guess.....Might not have to split the read end to find it but chances are you will....
Ya I’m sure it’s like a 15-20 hour job at the dealer, my fault for not finding the leak before I bought it. Pretty sure you do have to split it to get at it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
An individual the warranty supposedly expired June of this year

Depends on when in 2016 the tractor was purchased....... See the link below...... I would contact the person you bought it off of, if they were the original owner and ask them when they purchased it or you could call Kioti with the VIN number and they could probably look it or or the dealer.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts