Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Way off base!

Votes: 6 42.9%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If George Washington and the other framers of the constitution and bill of rights could see the county today what do you think they would say?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think that those that have the view that all things were peachy back then need to do some reading. Just as today, there were two sides to every issue and plenty of loud mouths arguing.
I only think that the rapid decline of decent behavior has a potential corrosive effect on our society.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by Stewart
If George Washington and the other framers of the constitution and bill of rights could see the county today what do you think they would say?
i'd imagine they would be overwhelmed with all of the technology and enhancements.. Thy may not be thrilled with our government, but they would have to be impressed with 'how far we have come along' Remember your grandmothers trying to master an answering machine, or a vcr. Add computers, cars, airplanes, FAX machines, E-mail, microwave, X ray machines, and T ... The founding fathers would be in awe... but a little confused.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
History repeats itself politically and socially. The politicians would probably find all their hopes were not achieved but not necessarily be surprised. I think the doctors, scientists and astronomers would feel they were in Heaven.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts