Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have read through the previoius which tractor posts and have some idea what you all think but have to ask again. I am looking into getting a CUT for the small ranch I am setting up. I currently have a Case model 644 loader tractor which is great but need something alittle larger to go along with it. I don't have the money to buy new so am looking for used. I am relatively mechanically inclined so old older isn't really a problem. There is a ford 8n for sale by me for about 2700 but is pretty rough but not out of the question. So here is what I am looking for and maybeyou all can point me in the right diirections. I am looking to spend no more than around 4000- 5000. I would need a loader with it and a 3 point with live PTO. I would prefer to go gas as opposed to diesel, only cause I am more familiar with gas engine's vs diesel but again only a preference. The main thing would of course be price with loader and dependability. Any and all help would be great.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha! Guess that would be helpful info. Fr starters doing all the rough mowing and heavier lifting that my 644 can't handle. Have alot of downed trees and the like to move around adn remove. Once set up, Setting it up for horses, For the general maintainence of the pastures, hauling the hay bales and the like.

Thanks again,

Bob

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
In the price range and application you mention; have you looked at some of the International 424, 454, 484, 584, etc. tractors. The John Deere 2010, 2020, 3020, 4020 are also good machines but a few thousand above that price range. Older Kubota L series machines are also a great prospect. Massey Ferguson 135, 283, and various other models. I think you would be served pretty well by a 40 to 60 hp. utility tractor. Check around locally or search for a machine on www.fastline.com

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
For your use, I waould pass on the N. Not that your looking for, and that much for a rough tractor is to much. The MF 135's are an awsome tractor, and seem to go for 4-5grand. Loader may be a problem though. Most that had them were trip loader's nod probably not what you are looking for. Other then that, pound the pavement. See whats out in your aera, and do some test driving. See what you like/dont like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts