Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Nope!:smoking:

·
john-in-ga
609 Posts
Originally posted by bontai Joe
Nope!:smoking:
Nope! Period Now that is a good answer and one I can agree with.......... but maybe I'm just an old......... :serta:

:cpu:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Hockey is a cool sport, I don't usually watch it. Most of the professional sports are just about the money. They really screw it up for the fans, so that being said I really could care less about a lock out. What are they on strike for better working conditions, a health care plan, maybe a dental plan....I don't think so!!:cool:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Unless they can figure out how to make every game as good as the World Cup games, or at least the playoffs, they can stay out until H... freezes over for all I care.

The game needs some serious changes! Who wants to watch two gorillas in pads wrestling all night! They need to open up the game and that means going back to five or even four on the ice for each team. Only then will it go back to being good to watch, with stick-handling, passing, and shooting.

The regular season is just too boring to watch!

I got my fix watching the World Cup, and WE WON!!!!

I'll go to a Junior game if I want to see any good hockey this winter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I gave up watching hockey when they decided the season wasn't over until summer. When the ice melts off our pond, hockey should be over with. It's the same with basketball, didn't that used to be a "winter sport"?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
If this is a poll? It looks as bad as Kerry's and I don't care for either!!!!!
Dean

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
The last hockey game I watched was the "miracle on ice" during the 1980 Winter Olympics when amature American kids won the gold medal. In my opinion, there will never EVER be another game that could be better than that one, so why watch. That was the game of ALL time, the game that by which all other games pale in comparison. I don't watch hockey so as to preserve that pristine memory in my mind forever that I saw the best and finest moment in hockey history that day.:usaflag: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I must be in the minority here. I actually like hockey and played it a lot when I was a kid. But the thing I dislike the most about hockey is the fighting and late hits. The game should be played the way it is in Europe and the college ranks, with skill being the determining factor, not brawn.

That said, both sides of this conflict, players vs the owners, labor unions vs companies, is getting old. All these labor disputes, be it hockey, baseball, or whatever, is more about control than any thing elses. Control and, of course, money. They need to realize that is is an honor and a priviledge to have the talent and the oportunitiy to play this sport and the owners should realize that they have a committment to the fans that support their teams. Enough said.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
treed i think all the honor and commitment and oppurtunity went out after the players started getting obscene amounts of money.. like in other pro sports..
not too long ago.. 10 or 15 years ago players used to make nothing compared to other pro sports..

then you saw hungry players who wanted to play just cause they loved the game.. now if someone wants a better contract.. he just sits out.. because the last season he made so much money he does not need it..

or 'why play so tough' when i may hurt myself and not get my 5 mill per year..

I think it all started when scott stevens got huge money for playing in NJ.. i think he was the 1st to get real big bucks.. that started an avalanche and all players starterd getting the big bucks after that...

its a great sport.. i hate to see it ruined by prissy high paid players...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts