Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This tractor is new to me (~8 weeks). Has the EHSS transmission. Will be using it for some loader work and it will just decide to not move at some point (both F and R). Happens with some regularity and have come up with a "fix" that is just to remove the transmission dip stick. This seems to vent the system and it will operate properly again until the cycle repeats. Dip stick reads full.

Thoughts or suggestions... Is there a vent somewhere in the system that I should make sure is clear?

Thanks in Advance,

Kirk

·
348 Posts
Not at all familer with your unit,
but most every case has a vent to allow for expansion and contraction as the hydraulic fluid heats up and gets cooled.
I have seen mud daubbers plug up several styles of vents.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Most times it will be located on the top of the transmission case at the highest point. Usually a curved hose pointing downward. In as much as it's new (I presume), I'd let the dealer deal with it.

Like Lou said, great place for insects to build a house in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it sounds like I might be on the right track...

Tractor is 2007 NH 2420 with cab. Has ~1900 hours on it. Am generally pleased with it in the 10 weeks or so I have had it other than this issue of it just not moving on occasion. Was kind of accidental that I found the work around of "venting" the reservoir. Purchased "As Is" so not expecting much dealer support but they did actually send a mechanic out to give it a check out and have offered again in good faith. Might take advantage of it but wouldn't mind saving them the trip if this is truly as simple as it seems. Any specific direction where this vent might be on this machine? Is it remotely accessible with the cab in place?

Thanks Again,

Kirk

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Will be under the cab and most likely a hard reach, but you can do it, I suspect On my Kubota M9, accessing the vent hose is by the back (long reach) or by removing either the left side or right side wheel and tire. Myself, I prefer the reach. Less labor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts