Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in So California and have some desert land where we like to go camping and drive Jeeps and motorcycles in the desert. Because of COVID, we thought it would be fun to have our own camp area instead of camping in public areas. Well, we have this property that has a slight slope and deep sand. We bought this tractor to help establish a driveway and level pads for our RV and trailers. It has worn out tires and can barely get out of its own way. I am planning to try water filling the tires to see if that helps. Maybe take off the FEL might help too. Any suggestions for what type of good sand tires (9.5 X 24 I think)? Or any other tips? Thanks.
MF204insand.jpg
JeepMF204.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Those tires are the industrial R4's, you may do better with agricultural ribbed tires. I'd leave the front end loader on for the time being as it would be invaluable for getting yourself out of a sinking situation...... or put tracks on it like my avatar!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks pogobill. Wow, tracks would be great if it had enough power. I am getting better with it as I have gone 3 days without getting it stuck. In some places on my lot the sand is too thick to even move in. I need a blade to move the sand over to the sides.

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Have you tried relieving some of the air pressure in the rear tires?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
There are at least 4 companies that sell track kit conversions. Saucy Track, Zuidberg, Camso, and NH Smart Trax. Would probably need a wheelbarrow full of cash to convert. Welcome to the Forum. Even new Ag tires and tubes will dent the wallet, but would be far better than the "slicks" shown in the photo. Looks like it spent a lot of time on hard surfaced roads. Standard tire pressure is between 13-15 psi for 24 tires. Check to make sure they are not over inflated. Then reduce in stages until you see tire crimping, then add back in 2 psi to prevent tire damage. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts