Votes: 7 41.2%
  • your crazy

Votes: 4 23.5%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 30's allis not sure what year it is but it needs the engine rebuilt and every thing it needs four new wheels and tires and new sheetmetal:eek:mg: .

oh and this is one cool site

any help will be apprieciated

heres a pic almost took apart

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Welcome to the tractorforum Dan! :friends:

Looks like quite a bit of restoration work you have there. Where there's a will, there's a way.:thumbsup:

Mark

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Welcome from me as well, and so far I put your poll at 100% in the NO Column :

You said "it needs the engine rebuilt and every thing it needs four new wheels and tires and new sheetmetal'

That leaves little to start with, if the sheet metal was decent I might say possibly. Except the term "Every thing" tends to tell me it's time to think in the $'s per pound category!!

Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well not every thing i am going to reuse the sheet metal but it is rusted bad and bent but not fixable.

the engine is locked up and it needs a new radiator and stuff like that does anyone know where i can fiind any of these parts at??

around here a Farmall cost around $2000 dollars so i figured i could fix this one for about the same.

i am going to leave the one spare car tire and wheel on it and put another one with it till i can get money to buy some new ones.

and i found the back tires and wheels new for less than $600 is that a bad price does anyone know where i could find them cheaper????

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome Dan:friends: Anything is possible if you have the time and the money.:D I would give it a shot and see just stay within a budget and try not to get everything all at once unless you have the money. I hate to see old iron get junked if theres a chance to save it.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Welcome to Tractor Forum Dan! :friends: :cheers: Unless this is a labor of love; the cost will far exceed finding a similar machine in working order of some sorts. It will indeed make a heck of a project tractor but expect a tremendous amount of work on your part.

·
Registered
977 Posts
welcome dan
$600 is not bad for 2 tractor tires the engine would be i'd start. usually only one cylynder is locked up if its not to bad it can be unseized cleaned up and used or in the worst case you may only have to buy one sleeve and piston. good luck with it and keep us posted on your progress

·
Registered
518 Posts
welcome dan looks like you have a wc tht needs lotta tlc looks like u have a parts tractor id sell it for parts or try n get nother model like it tht needs fixin n use it for parts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i hate to see old tractors get wasted to thats the reason i got it. and yeah i plan on fixing it there isnt no other tractors like it around here for parts or anything.

is there any way i can identify this tractor as far as the engine what year it is and stuff???

and i would like to buy new intake and exaust manifolds along with the piece that the radiator goes to dont know what you call it but its the top radiator hose and it needs a new water pump.

does any know where i can buy any of these pieces???

THANK'S:what101:

·
Premium Member
4,115 Posts
Originally posted by 30's Allis
ok i have a 30's allis not sure what year it is but it needs the engine rebuilt and every thing it needs four new wheels and tires and new sheetmetal:eek:mg: .
It sounds like the only thing you are keeping is the space it takes up:D As for getting parts, contact "Partsman" on this forum, post a "wanted" ad in the classifieds here, search ebay, and the other tractor forums. You can throw a lot of money at this and still have a none running machine, or you can carefully plan your spending and do a lot of the assemble and disassembly yourself, taking care of only what needs to be done to get it to trun and get the job surprisingly enough.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i am just going to buy what i absolutly have to buy for it

i have done some searches and found that it will cost less than $2500.00 dollars to fix and have running.

so i should be able to have it going:)

P.s this isnt going to be no show tractor LOL

·
Registered
518 Posts
30s allis look on rear of yuor tractor shld be serial number if it is a wc number is stamped on rear end housing as for parts you can get new parts from valu bilt nan also from dealer still

·
Registered
977 Posts
30's allis could you try posting a different pic of it... i agree with ba it does look like a wc. abetter picture of the whole tractor or eben a few pictures would make it easier to tell. i have 2 styled wc's for parts. may be able to help with some of the peices

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok i will get some more pic's of it up later today the rear housing number is (WC109840) hope somone can find out what year it is and.

Thank's again

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Originally posted by 30's Allis
ok i will get some more pic's of it up later today the rear housing number is (WC109840) hope somone can find out what year it is and.

Thank's again
Machinery Link says:
Selected Manufacturer: ALLIS-CHALMERS
Selected Model: WC
Selected Serial Number: 103517

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Year: 1941

Selected Manufacturer: ALLIS-CHALMERS
Selected Model: WC
Selected Serial Number: 114534

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Year: 1942

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks like a WC to me, but seeing more would be helpfull. Give me a call and I will be happy to help you find what you need.
JimD
877-378-6543

1 - 20 of 35 Posts