Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning:

Thanks for letting me join this forum. Currently shopping around for a sub-compact tractor, so I am quite interested to see what people think of different brands. Currently I am leaning towards Kioti but also looking at Kubota.

Al

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Allen, good luck in your search, and welcome to the forum! I have a Kubota and a John Deere, but am especially fond of my Kubota.

·
Super Moderator
9,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum Allen! Don't hear too much bad about either tractor brand, but I think it will come down to dealer service and support. Very important things to consider. Climb on both and see what you think!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, I look forward to following posts in here to learn whatever I can. Kubota dealership is about 20 minutes away, Kioti is around an hour.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Thank you, I look forward to following posts in here to learn whatever I can. Kubota dealership is about 20 minutes away, Kioti is around an hour.
Is there a Bobcat tractor dealer near you? Those machine are made by Kioti. So, you'll still get a Kioti regardless. :D

Reactions: Allen Stairs

·
Super Moderator
1,189 Posts
I have a Kioti and mu brother in law has a Kubota. No complaints from either of us.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've never used a Kioti, but I have an older Kubota and an older Ford compact tractor. I like them both, but I will say the Kubota is easier to get on and off. The floor of the tractor is above the transmission, so there's no hump in the middle to step over and straddle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good morning:

Thanks for letting me join this forum. Currently shopping around for a sub-compact tractor, so I am quite interested to see what people think of different brands. Currently I am leaning towards Kioti but also looking at Kubota.

Al
I don't know exactly what you are looking at as a sub compact but I have a Kioti CK4010SEM that I really like. I have no complaints does everything I have asked out of it and more.
Had a friend buy a CS2210 after he saw my Kioti and he loves it. Says he wishes he had bought it sooner as it has saved him a lot of backache. He has had zero problems also.
I was a little apprehensive about the Kioti at first but not anymore.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Stay away from Bobcat....they dont make tractors or side by side utv's but rebadged and re code all parts....they keep part reference secret and nobody can cross reference them for parts....their service and parts departments around here are HORRIBLE TERRIBLE..3 dealerships I've tried have the most arrogant counter-persons, which is amazing given their ignorance. This applies to skidsteer and utv, so cant see tractors being different.

Use a tractor and test it before buying..I have a standard shuttle kubota and impressed so far, but have read many dislike foot controller on hst models. It's a preference, but real consideration.

Kioti have good reviews too as do Deere...biggest complaint on Deere is bang for the added buck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Kiot. Dealers wasn’t a issue, as there are both Kioti and Kubota dealers about the same distance from me. Both tractors have very good reviews overall. The big selling points for me was the lifting capacity was greater for the same size tractor in the Kioti and most of all, was the pedals. I have a HST model and I don’t really like a rocker pedal. The Kioti has individual forward and reverse pedals. By the way, I have a cab model and I love it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good morning:

Al
I have a Kubota BX 2200 - It is 20 years old. It is a beast. It has never needed repair. The Only thing I don’t like about it is the rocker pedal. I wish it had some thing like John Deere‘s twin touch pedal.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
The Kioti has individual forward and reverse pedals. By the way, I have a cab model and I love it!
SWEET having a cab. I can put any of the JD 50-Series cabs on mine, the down side is, the higher price because it's a John Deere cab. Maybe, some day. I would only need Apple Red by Rustoleum as it's a perfect paint match.

I too like the Kioti name. It's pronounced just like coyote the animal. Clever I'd say.

Reactions: Allen Stairs

·
298 Posts
I've owned my Kioti DK 35 for 19 years.
Been extremely happy with it. Been a great tractor.
My previous tractor was a John Deere 850. It was a good machine too, but I just like my Kioti better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you decide on a Kioti beware of the NX models. The transmissions are full of electronic components and require the tractor to "broke in half" to get to them. Kioti is actually replacing entire transmissions due to the labor involved in tearing down the transmission and replacing the faulty component.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
If you decide on a Kioti beware of the NX models. The transmissions are full of electronic components and require the tractor to "broke in half" to get to them. Kioti is actually replacing entire transmissions due to the labor involved in tearing down the transmission and replacing the faulty component.
Wow, that reminds me of the GM vehicles of the 80s and 90s when those started getting computer and electronics in them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts