Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new toy,a Christmas gift to myself. At work I get very poor radio reception at best. Comp USA had the Neuros Mp3 Digital audio computer on sale. This is the neatest little gadget going.It has a 128mb mp3 player piggybacked on a 20GB hard drive.The capacity is 5000 songs,so I will have plenty of music to listen to at work. Some of the features I like are,It has an FM transmitter built in that automaticly selects a frequency to tune your radio to,making it wireless.The unit has a built in mike so you can record anywhere,i.e. concerts etc...I load my CD collection into it,also my old vinyl albums,and any downloads I get(legally of course) off the net.
The program loads playlists.Also you can let it play back random selections or you can sellect a genre of music.I tested it in my truck it worked well sitting on my seat,plays thru the vehicle FM.
Comes with built in rechargable battery,ac cord and 12 volt cord.You can also listen to it with headphones.Uses usb to hook up to my computer,also line in and remote mike connections.
I am having fun with it. Perfect machine for me as I have an extensive music collection.Plus we do 2 picnics a year with live music. I have been recording them with a mini disc set up,but I think this is going to be better.The whole thing fits in my shirt pocket.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Cool. A buddy of mine bought the radio shaft modulator kit so he could use it with his phone which plays MP3's. Kind of fun to build the board from pieces for $20 instead of buying one for $100.

MP3 players are kind'a neat, I'm just not ready to go that route since I don't listen to a lot of music.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
How much was it for that unit if you don't mind me asking. I am a music nut too (over 1,000 cd's in my collection)

Sounds like a cool device.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leo

Comp USA has it on sale for $199.00. used it today on way to and from deer hunting .So far I have loaded about 200 songs in it.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

I have loaded approximately 45 albums into my machine. It work wonderful. I set it to play random selections at work. It is like having a commercial free radio station with no talk,that only plays music that you like. Have not even dented the availible memory yet.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update

At this time I have loaded approximately 235 CD's into the hard drive. The used capacity is at 31% so it seems that I will be able to load more then the estimates given by the manufacturer.
Using the program to load music is at first a little confusing ,but easy once I did it a couple of times.This gadget works well on my radio at work and a fringe benefit is radios in the offices near me can tune in.Two of the fellas I work with have already bought one just from listening to mine. I may have to buy another because my wife plays it over my system in the house and loves the convenience.
www.neurosaudio.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts