Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new member here. I look forward to being a part of the community. I have a 1050 John Deere my Dad just gave me, as he's getting up there in age. Good tractor, and I believe it to be an early '80's model.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Welcome.. those r great little tractors..
2 words of advice tho.. KEEP THE FUEL FILTERS CHANGED.!! &
Learn how to use the glow plug or decompression lever if it has 1..
The decompression lever is for STARTING.. NOT for stopping..
Have fun.. lots of JD owners here..

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Hello all, new member here. I look forward to being a part of the community. I have a 1050 John Deere my Dad just gave me, as he's getting up there in age. Good tractor, and I believe it to be an early '80's model.
Welcome.

Your JD1050 is really a Yanmar YM4300, just painted JD green. :D

There are PDF manuals for FREE in the Resource Manager section of this forum.

JD has obsoleted many of the parts and things for the 50 Series. Thus, the Yanmar YM parts suppliers have stepped up to the plate and offer plenty of things.

You'll like the the Yanmar with the IHI turbo on it. When doing ANY electrical on the JD1050 be aware that there are 2 wiring harness setups for the machine. An early version and a later production version.

Since this is really a Yanmar in JD green paint, much of this info found here applies:
Hoye Tractor Parts -Yanmar Research Center
Contact Us - Knowledgebase (hoyetractor.com)

AND . . . only use approved J20C or J20D (cold climates) for hydraulic fluids. If the store brand says it meets the standards, great, if it's compatible, no way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts