Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I am retired from the oilfield, I have started working with my father-in-law on his farm and construction equipment. He has a lot of it, including several tractors. Most of the tractors are in various states of disrepair but we hope to get them all running smoothly again.

Our first two projects are John Deere 4300 tractors. We also have a Case International Harvester 585 tractor and I am attempting to locate the wiring diagram for that tractor. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks to this forum, i learned about the Messick's web site and have learned that they have a complete parts diagram for the 585. Alas, no wiring diagram though.

I am looking forward to being an active forum participant.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Now that I am retired from the oilfield, I have started working with my father-in-law on his farm and construction equipment. He has a lot of it, including several tractors. Most of the tractors are in various states of disrepair but we hope to get them all running smoothly again.

Our first two projects are John Deere 4300 tractors. We also have a Case International Harvester 585 tractor and I am attempting to locate the wiring diagram for that tractor. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks to this forum, i learned about the Messick's web site and have learned that they have a complete parts diagram for the 585. Alas, no wiring diagram though.

I am looking forward to being an active forum participant.
For the John Deere 4300, it's 'mostly' a Yanmar US33 or US301 model. Yanmar makes it as a kit and ships it to Deere to be assembled. So if you are looking for engine parts without the green markup in prices, see a Yanmar parts network dealer. Hoye Tractor Sales is one good place to start.
Yanmar Industrial Engine Parts: 3TNE84 Engine Parts (hoyeindustrial.com)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Home - The Brillman Company | Antique Tractor & Auto Electrical Parts did not see the 585 but did not continue after about 10 pages
Wire Harness, Tractor Parts, Harness Repair, Alternator Conversion, Braided Wire These guys list a harness for the 585 with some differences go at the site and check their catalog. It appears it will lighten your bank account a bunch.

May have to give these people a call. At least one of them can help with the harness.
Home - The Brillman Company | Antique Tractor & Auto Electrical Parts did not see the 585 but did not continue after about 10 pages
Wire Harness, Tractor Parts, Harness Repair, Alternator Conversion, Braided Wire These guys list a harness for the 585 with some differences go at the site and check their catalog. It appears it will lighten your bank account a bunch.

May have to give these people a call. At least one of them can help with the harness.
Great information. Thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts