Tractor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm in the market for a 40-45 hp tractor and have narrowed my search to the Kubota L4060 and the LS XR4145. I am purchasing the tractor to manage 25 acres of hunting land, food plots and roads.

I've driven both and like both. I have a concern that the LS tractor has a 3cyl. engine whereas the Kubota has a 4cyl engine. The reviews are positive for each, however the Kubota is approximately $6,000 more.

Thanks for your input. I'm looking forward to spending time on a tractor on my property!

Harrison

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I own a Kubota BX series with a 3 cylinder and a John Deere with a 4 cylinder. I have a friend who just recently bought an LS and I was severely impressed with it.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Thus far, the LS tractors are proving to be highly durable and reliable. The dealers are more aggressive in offering good prices as they build their customer base. Since either one appears to meet your needs, use price and the ability of the dealer to service the machine as your deciding factor.

As for three or four cylinder engines, that makes no difference in the tractor's ability to perform the desired work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thus far, the LS tractors are proving to be highly durable and reliable. The dealers are more aggressive in offering good prices as they build their customer base. Since either one appears to meet your needs, use price and the ability of the dealer to service the machine as your deciding factor.

As for three or four cylinder engines, that makes no difference in the tractor's ability to perform the desired work.

thanks for you input. very helpful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm in the market for a 40-45 hp tractor and have narrowed my search to the Kubota L4060 and the LS XR4145. I am purchasing the tractor to manage 25 acres of hunting land, food plots and roads.

I've driven both and like both. I have a concern that the LS tractor has a 3cyl. engine whereas the Kubota has a 4cyl engine. The reviews are positive for each, however the Kubota is approximately $6,000 more.

Thanks for your input. I'm looking forward to spending time on a tractor on my property!

Harrison

No problem man. Hope you enjoy your new tractor!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tractor Forum mobile app[/QUOTE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE... I was thrilled to have the LS XR 4145 delivered today and spent the entire day on it working on our property. I'm impressed with the fit/finish and it's overall performance. There are a couple of issues that I'm trying to get over otherwise the tractor is a winner! First, the main gear shift lever hits my lower right leg when I'm turned around to view the rear implement. I bush hogged for 5 hours today and the shift lever rubbed my lower right leg for 5 hours. I operated in low gear most of the time but got reprieve once I shift it in 2nd gear. Not sure why they designed or placed the gear shift lever in this position??? The only other observation was the noise produced while pressing the forward pedal (i have hydrostatic pedals). Any thoughts?

·
Registered
41 Posts
UPDATE... I was thrilled to have the LS XR 4145 delivered today and spent the entire day on it working on our property. I'm impressed with the fit/finish and it's overall performance. There are a couple of issues that I'm trying to get over otherwise the tractor is a winner! First, the main gear shift lever hits my lower right leg when I'm turned around to view the rear implement. I bush hogged for 5 hours today and the shift lever rubbed my lower right leg for 5 hours. I operated in low gear most of the time but got reprieve once I shift it in 2nd gear. Not sure why they designed or placed the gear shift lever in this position??? The only other observation was the noise produced while pressing the forward pedal (i have hydrostatic pedals). Any thoughts?
I guess you could bend the lever... But idk if I'd have the guts to do it myself lol

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tractor Forum mobile app

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
It is quite common for owners to heat and bend shift and hydraulic levers on Asian tractors to allow more leg room for the larger operators on this side of the world. However, there are now reliable rear view cameras available for tractors: https://www.rearviewsafety.com/back...s/tractor-backup-camera.html?product_type=356

Once you use one, you will really like it, and the far less expensive versions from Amazon and such work just as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts