Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I search the site some but push mower info was pretty old.
I'm looking for anew push mower to help with the yard. So far have looked at Craftsmen at Lowes and Toro at Tractor Supply. Just saw that Toto is not Made in USA. I'd like a made in USa mower and engine.

This is for trim and ditch and other hard to get to areas, so want to stay under $300. Any ideas?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hello markfnc,
Just about everything is made in China or Asia these days. My guess is that if a push mower has a Briggs & Stratton engine, it's made in the USA?? Craftsman products are usually made in USA, but I'm surprised to hear that a Toro mower (which I used to consider a quality product), is no longer made in USA.

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello markfnc,
Just about everything is made in China or Asia these days. My guess is that if a push mower has a Briggs & Stratton engine, it's made in the USA?? Craftsman products are usually made in USA, but I'm surprised to hear that a Toro mower (which I used to consider a quality product), is no longer made in USA.
Toro said Made in Mexico on box at Tractor Supply. Think i might go with Craftsman with Honda engine at Lowes. Craftsman is Made in USA, and from what i can see Honda engine is too.

·
Super Moderator
9,410 Posts
When you get to Lowes, best read the box! From the website.... "proudly Made in the USA with Global Materials in Tupelo, MS"
HarveyW is correct, I think it's difficult to find anything that doesn't have offshore components incorporated into it these days.

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought the Craftsman with Honda engine. Craftsman Made in USA with global components. Honda Engine made in USA. Better than Made in Mexico with global components. Ran and mowed great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts