Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All -
I joined a while back and never introduced myself. I live in central Maine on just over 1 acre, and we have 4 raised bed garden plots. The main reason for my tractors is my firewood. We burn about 6 cord per year, and the bulkhead to the basement is on the back of the house. From the driveway where the wood is delivered (treelength) to the bulkhead is all uphill! After the wood is cut to stove length, it's a great workout for my Simplicity 6216. I actually own 3 tractors right now - "my wife's" 2003 Simplicity Broadmoor with a Honda engine, a 1988 White LGT-1655, and a 1982 Simplicity 6216 with a 42" deck and a 30" tiller. I just picked up the 6216 a couple of months ago, and had to revamp the drive system. It's still pretty rough looking, but I use it quite a bit, and I'm not looking to show off a paint job. The White was given to me and my boy and I are going to rebuild it together. It will probably be somewhat modified if he gets his way (he probably will). He's 14 and if the project will give us some more quality time together, then let's go for it!! I'll post some pics soon.
It's been a great help to have a forum like this to get help and ideas for projects. I look forward to sharing ideas with everyone!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It all depends on the weather!! ;-) We usually plant around Memorial Day, and the frost sets in about the end of September. Not a real long season, but there's nothing like fresh veggies from your own garden. My wife has a real green thumb, and she loves outdoor work! We don't have a huge garden, but we have cucumbers, peppers, squash, zucchini, beets, and peas. We hung our tomato plants upside-down to see how that would work, and I think it was worth it. We are looking forward to summer!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our tomatoes last year - looking toward the neighbor's place. You can see the bed for the squash plants, and the garlic growing as well. This pic was taken on July 1st.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tough 451 here

Hi my name is Scott I live in Mt. Ulla NC I have what I call small farm 45 acres with a Layer House full of Perdue Chickens in it. I have a 2003 451 Massey 700 hrs the worlds best tractor for my family any ways LMAO. This is the only brand my Late father ever owned and most likely the only one I will own but I do like them all simply put I Love tractors.(LoL) Im currently clearing fence lines to put up spme new fence to move some of Dads cows to my farm as for some reason my brother doesnt think he can. I dont want what Dad worked to build to just be sold I guess. I have a beautiful wife (redhead) see I like red and to beautiful daughters this is me as I am glad I found this site.!!!!:usa:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.