Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been here since 2017, have enjoyed reading a bunch of the neat conversation never had anything to write so I read. I have learned you learn more when you listen than when you talk. I was a Engineman First Class when I got out of the U.S. Coast Guard in 1969 after four years Mostly 671 Gimmys and Cummins Engines small gas engines and pump. I also was a turbine-turner ,which meant cranking and running a turbine engine up to 10 grand.
After I got out went to work for A.T.T. 30 years .I retired 20 years ago bought 13 acres in the middle of Florida. Bought an old 1960 something Fordson 4 cylinder diesel tractor. A guy bought it from and old mechanic and I got it from him. I think the old mechanic rebuilt it cause it really runs good. I also got a lot of parts in the deal.
I had a aorta heart valve replacement and while they were in there they scrapped and repaired a second valve. They say good for 15 more years. Just got back to the Fordson last week after priming and new battery got it cranked. Here is the problem .I have the I.D. codes and was told I may have a crate shipped tractor from England with no tires for
Tax purposes. It was built in England .It has a compression release .
The engine # is S681325 it is definitely S as in Sam. I have looked at a bunch of pubs. for anything and no go. It maybe a replacement block but it has the Simms Injection pump.
Thanks in advance for any help. See Ya

·
123 Posts
Welcome to the sight.
Are you talking about a Fordson Super Major or is it newer than that? They were made from 1961-64.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes it may have look like that 58 years ago .That sure is a nice looking machine. I think it is a Super Major but there are no badges .
I live in Florida the rust belt capitol of the world
(in the still of the night you can hear a Ford Rust)
on top of that the last guy put filler over rust and sprayed her blue
I have always went with good running more than good looking. When I have looked at videos I see same thing between 58 & 64. Just has alternator and add on power steering. Just thought someone may know the block numbers.
Thanks again for the help..

·
123 Posts
I have the smaller brother to it as seen in my Avatar. Mine is a 1960 Dexta. It's been a wonderful tractor and we can't hear them rust here in SD.
If no one else replies I'll see if I can get you some info on that number. Hoping someone here has a listing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love my tractor too Didn't mean too slight anyone but living here has it's rewards but we have the heat and a hurricane blew the roof off my shed and I have had a few engine rust up and turn to scrap. Thanks for the help .

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Here is the problem. I have the I.D. codes and was told I may have a crate shipped tractor from England with no tires for Tax purposes. It was built in England. It has a compression release.
The engine # is S681325 it is definitely S as in Sam. I have looked at a bunch of pubs. for anything and no go. It maybe a replacement block but it has the Simms Injection pump.

Thanks in advance for any help. See Ya
Do you have any pictures to post here? what tractor is this then? Do you have a brand? Did they tell you anything more?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the sight.
Are you talking about a Fordson Super Major or is it newer than that? They were made from 1961-64.
Sorry I didn't say that it is a Fordson It was built in England and what I have read the plant was in Dagiheim. It does look like this picture even down to the muffler. I think it is the Super Major but not at all sure of that .no grill or chrome markings. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry I didn't say that it is a Fordson It was built in England and what I have read the plant was in Dagiheim. It does look like this picture even down to the muffler. I think it is the Super Major but not at all sure of that .no grill or chrome markings. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I sorry about not getting back sooner things got tire up.
My computer won't let me add pictures am I am only low grade computer skilled. still trying to link pics to show.
Thanks again for the help.

·
Super Moderator
9,934 Posts
I sorry about not getting back sooner things got tire up.
My computer won't let me add pictures am I am only low grade computer skilled. still trying to link pics to show.
Thanks again for the help.
Chuck#3, If you click on the button at the bottom of the "Post a Reply" box here that says "UPLOAD A FILE" It'll take you to your Computer files and all you have to do is double click on one.... then read the prompt on how to put it in you note.

Also Click on the following link and have a good read. It'll walk you through a lot of the mysteries of the forum!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chuck#3, If you click on the button at the bottom of the "Post a Reply" box here that says "UPLOAD A FILE" It'll take you to your Computer files and all you have to do is double click on one.... then read the prompt on how to put it in you note.

Also Click on the following link and have a good read. It'll walk you through a lot of the mysteries of the forum!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info .Hope these help. My Fordson also has a diff. lock read that was an add on in 60s and compression release was an option. Thanks again for the help See Ya

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The intake hose is shot .Tried to get one but no luck. Pogo told me how to show pictures but haven't heard anything back.
Thanks for any Help Chuck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Chuck#3: Just a little tip, In the pics of the tractor engine, the caption for the engine referred to it as the front/right side. In vehicles and equipment, all references are as viewed from the drivers positon. The pic would be left/front of the engine. Good luck.
Clark

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Chuck#3: Just a little tip, In the pics of the tractor engine, the caption for the engine referred to it as the front/right side. In vehicles and equipment, all references are as viewed from the drivers positon. The pic would be left/front of the engine. Good luck.
Clark
"Front Right side of Block" belongs to the picture showing the engine serial number. That is stamped on the front right side of the block.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts