Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All New Members, you are welcome to take a moment and introduce yourself, your experiences, background, career, etc... It will help us appreciate more about you and your journey while here at TF.COM ------

Andy

:homereat:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Who is Holz Equipment

Ok let me introduce myself. My first name is Frank & I am the owner & General Manger of Holz Equipment Service located at Gentry, Arkansas. I am 62 years old, of those years 32 were spent operating a 300 acre farm, we had Dairy & Beef cattle in addition we were known as Rocky Top Farms which was a commercial hay broker supplying the local farmers & ranchers with their hay needs. However after our two sons married and left home it became to much for my wife Sharon and I to handle & in 1990 we sold off most of the land & equipment & stated Holz Equipment Service, today it is a two man service center for all brands of Agriculture & Industrial equipment. We do everything from minor repairs to major overhauls. I hope this is not to much information, & it is my wish that others can benefit from my years of attending the University Of Hard Knocks where I majored in Trial & Error. By the way; don't expect a quick response from me, for I have to hunt & peck on this blasted keyboard so it takes me awhile. Frank at Holz Equipment Service

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Welcome Frank

Hi Frank,
I'm very glad to see you made it here. I think you will be an asset to this forum and I think you will find the info you were looking for here as well. A win-win situation. With the way this forum is set up, you can see and hit the areas that interest you and by-pass the stuff you want to pass on. I hope you hang around here. I have found your posts at the other forum to be informative without hurting folks feelings.

Joe

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hi, all! I'm just starting out accumulating the stuff I will need to run a little hobby farm here in South Central Kansas. The hubby and I have got 37 acres and plan to have someone else plant hay on most of it.

We actually live on only 3-5 acres of it and are getting ready to put up fencing for two Belgian draft horses on 3 of those acres. Last year, due to the expense of actually buying the place, we were forced to mow the small yard in front of the house with (gasp!) a PUSH MOWER! This year, we are trying to move up in the world from walking to riding! And I'm sure it won't stop until... someday... we have our own haying equipment (preferably horse-drawn).

Ah, so goes farm life. Chores are never done & the equipment you need is always in next year's budget!

Other than that, I work in a nursing home and the hubby does computer-related stuff for a Wichita museum. His hobby is astronomy & mine is horses. We are owned by 2 retired-racing greyhounds and several other small pets (the number of which grows almost daily).

Glad to meet y'all!

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Welcome Drafthorse. I got to say a push mower is fine for a small city lot, but NO FUN atall on a REAL yard. I had a bad year for equipment falures last year, and spent WAY more time then I wanted behind those handle bars of a push mower.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
My name is Ryan Umhoefer :hide: <lol I really dont have much expirience except for what my grandpa has taught me on these tractors me and him got. My career well ummm dont have one yet but i plan to go to college to take classes for small engine repair which includes snowmobiles marine etc and diesel mechanics. oh and also welding:D If i need something to fall back on I might be taking carpentry all depends though i guess lol I live in Mankato Minnesota if anyone wants to come over and talk some tractors:tractorsm

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Lets see if it posts EVERYTHING I say this time lol.... My career well ummm dont have one yet but i plan to go to college to take classes for small engine repair which includes snowmobiles marine etc and diesel mechanics. oh and also welding:D If i need something to fall back on I might be taking carpentry all depends though i guess lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome aboard to the New Members

Welcome to all the new members and be sure to sign up for your GOLD Membership and to post often. Please introduce your selfs and tell us a bit about yourself and your hobbies and tractors. Once again welcome!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts