Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2005 Tc29da hst. Does not like to start when cold below 50 deg F. Glow plug light will not illuminate. When tractor is warm glow plug light works and fires up normal. I have repair manual 87057411 12/04 a little confusing on what relay is what. I replaced glow plug power relay#3. I am looking for glow plug timer relay#7 and glow plug lamp relay#6 from glow plug circuit on page 55-32 . The relay descriptions and location on page 55-29 says relay #7 is pto safety interlock relay. Ignition switch tests ok.

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Johnfred, I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. We have some great electrical experts here who will pitch in in no time.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Howdy johnfred, welcome to the tractor forum.

You need the glow plugs to work, especially in cold weather. You have replaced the glow plug power relay, so the glow plug timer remains the likely culprit. See attached New Holland electrical parts diagram entitled "Relay, Diode, & Fuse Locations, Right Hand Side" for your TC29DA.

Item #2 - Glow plug timer.
Item #5 - Relay used for fuel shut-off relay, glow plug light relay, auxiliary work light worklamp, PTO interlock,, flasher cutoff.
Item #6 - Relay used for start relay, PTO safety relay & glow plug power relay.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.